Starting new build - light questions

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Building a new tank with the dimensions approx 60x30x24. I may push that out to 66, and the width down to 28/26, but in general those are the specs. The tank will most likely be glass with glass eurobrace. I've sorta narrowed the lights down to a few. I'm thinking 3 or 4 Radion Pros or 3 GHL Mitras LX7's. I understand it won't be cheap either way. I have looked at the Kessels and Not sure a number of 360's alone would do it or the AP700. I've considered the Hydra 26's but again, don't think they'll have the punch I'm looking for. I plan to keep a mixed reef with quite a few SPSs. I don't really want to deal with much shadowing or dimmer areas as I'd like a consistent look over the whole tank. I also want to stay with LED soley do to set it and forget it type of maintenance.

I'll also probably use this as the build thread and should be ordering tank soon.

Thoughts?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome game plan, can’t wait.
Choosing the right lights can bring you to the Super Bowl, that said leave the door open to a hybrid kinda light as well.

OP
OP
AquaDaddy

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, am excited. Going to probably order the tank this weekend. Really would like to narrow the light question down so I kinda lock myself in.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back