Starting on saltwater

Lucas Savioli

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2024
Messages
64
Reaction score
107
Location
São Paulo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I've just subscribed to the reef2reef as a beginner in saltwater aquariums, starting with a nano/pico in this realm.
I've had many freshwater tanks a good portion of my life, with a plethora of different fish and tank sizes, since i've started a new college course in veterinary medicine my interest in aquarium has 'reborn'.

Lucas.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Max
 
Hello!
I've just subscribed to the reef2reef as a beginner in saltwater aquariums, starting with a nano/pico in this realm.
I've had many freshwater tanks a good portion of my life, with a plethora of different fish and tank sizes, since i've started a new college course in veterinary medicine my interest in aquarium has 'reborn'.

Lucas.
Welcome to R2R!!!! You have chosen a tank size that is a higher difficulty level. Once you get that down, any larger tank you go for will seem easy-peasy!!!!
 
Welcome to R2R!!!! You have chosen a tank size that is a higher difficulty level. Once you get that down, any larger tank you go for will seem easy-peasy!!!!
Hello, thanks!
Yes, but the size wasn't a totally free choice as my apartment has restrictions on weight per square meter and space is limited. I understand that will be more difficult but I hope that a rigorous control and care will make it 'easier' or, better, manageable.
The tank is a cube, 30x30x30cm (roughly 12 inches), which holds 27 litres of water (~7 US gallons), net being around 23,5 litres (~6,2 US gallons).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new