Starting Something New

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a lot of you all know I enjoy music production and photography in addition to the reef hobby. Recently I developed a strong interest in film as well. I just got a very significant piece of equipment for producing film and now I am finally ready to start! The purpose of this video was mainly to practice usage with my new piece of equipment, which I still am learning how to use. However I want to go ahead and post this video here so you all can know to keep your eyes out for better and lengthier ones in the future!

Make sure you watch it in 1080p!

[video=youtube;U0f7VMSrres]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0f7VMSrres[/video]

Bry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Job! Did you get a rig for you DSLR or what is the new equipment?

Looking forward to more!

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Job! Did you get a rig for you DSLR or what is the new equipment?

Looking forward to more!

Thanks! I got a Glidecam-HD 2000. I plan on building a dolly with rail system in a few weeks too. I hope to eventually perfect my Glidecam skills because it can create some surreal motion pictures when paired up with a camera with HD capabilities.

Last edited:

slugwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I directed and DP'ed with a Sony HDR-FX7 but did not edit although I am a major at editing with Sony Vegas a full length film called Scooter McGrooder that won at the LFM Lewiston Film Festival in Maine... I have done quite a bit of HD filming in and around the state as an independant. I built my own 14' jibs and smaller versions with rail systems. I have also DP'ed GI-Joe and Resident Evil re-makes of the originals... done some music video's and short films. Almost got a chance to work with George Romero on a movie that was going to be filmed in Maine, I have done interviews with the politicians in Maine and Major General of the US Army, forgot to mention Miss Maine too! she was the interviewer that I used. I believe you can google me on some projects. I have one movie out that hopefully will be bought up and for sell at wal-mart and netflix...

Food for thought... I had editors tell me that I couldn't edit unless you had Apple or Adobe and my response was that if you can't make a simple edit even in something free like windows movie maker then you have no need or right to tell someone that they have to have expensive software to make something great.

Hope you enjoy your new equipment and if you like DIY then please PM me and I can send you plenty of plans and if needed advise...
Also I can photoshop anything from business logos to movie special effects. I have a huge library of sounds/flash/technical documents for legal purposes and such.

You movie... You need to slow down, but I love the movement... great job!

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I directed and DP'ed with a Sony HDR-FX7 but did not edit although I am a major at editing with Sony Vegas a full length film called Scooter McGrooder that won at the LFM Lewiston Film Festival in Maine... I have done quite a bit of HD filming in and around the state as an independant. I built my own 14' jibs and smaller versions with rail systems. I have also DP'ed GI-Joe and Resident Evil re-makes of the originals... done some music video's and short films. Almost got a chance to work with George Romero on a movie that was going to be filmed in Maine, I have done interviews with the politicians in Maine and Major General of the US Army, forgot to mention Miss Maine too! she was the interviewer that I used. I believe you can google me on some projects. I have one movie out that hopefully will be bought up and for sell at wal-mart and netflix...

Food for thought... I had editors tell me that I couldn't edit unless you had Apple or Adobe and my response was that if you can't make a simple edit even in something free like windows movie maker then you have no need or right to tell someone that they have to have expensive software to make something great.

Hope you enjoy your new equipment and if you like DIY then please PM me and I can send you plenty of plans and if needed advise...
Also I can photoshop anything from business logos to movie special effects. I have a huge library of sounds/flash/technical documents for legal purposes and such.

You movie... You need to slow down, but I love the movement... great job!

Awesome! I will probably have some questions for you in the future! If the DIY's are relatively simple I am usually interested in them. Yea I agree on the speed. It was my first time ever handling the Glidecam and it was kinda awkward to get use to, hahaha.

I may make another short "practice" video today in the same forest. If I do I will probably post it here.

Last edited:

slugwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your doing well and the plans for a jib of any size are very easy and you can buy everything from Home Depot. I will find a pic of some of my equipment and myself.

slugwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are some pics of me on set working three different projects

111111.jpg

DSCF0918.jpg

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF02602.jpg

Scene 32 Crew with Wendy.jpg

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is practice movie number two. I still am shaky and a little too fast with it, but I think I am improving a little.

Make sure you watch it in 1080p.

[video=youtube;CnhVtFhT4VU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnhVtFhT4VU[/video]

Last edited:

slugwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way better! If you get the chance I always relied on a battery powered 7" wide screen LCD attached to my camera on the hot or cold shoe to keep focus in check. Or have someone else run the camera and watch a 22" monitor from a few feet away, it is very beneficial to production. A battery back can be used for thirty minutes to an hour this way.

You are getting better and the sky is not the only limit! :)

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way better! If you get the chance I always relied on a battery powered 7" wide screen LCD attached to my camera on the hot or cold shoe to keep focus in check. Or have someone else run the camera and watch a 22" monitor from a few feet away, it is very beneficial to production. A battery back can be used for thirty minutes to an hour this way.

You are getting better and the sky is not the only limit! :)

Thank you! Would you happen to have a link for that attachment, that would be compatible with the 7D too? If not it is fine. I just have no clue which one would be the best out of the array the google search supplied me with.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. So cool that you made these videos.

Thank you. If you have a youtube account, please subscribe to me so you can be notified when I release new videos. I have quite a few plans for future videos. I just have to find the time to travel so I can get the right footage.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back