Statement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make a good point I’m going to open them up and see if it’s the same. In no way am I a professional but I can document it and see if it’s the same or are the parts inferior. What’s your thoughts?
I mean, it would be useful to other readers, but I in no way suggest you do it if you don’t have electronic build experience or know your way around a circuit.

I would be tempted to leave them closed, but keep an eye out and note any apparent failures or issues.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure you guys are gonna find it's the same exact product once you tear into it. Sounds like someone thought they had an exclusive distribution deal for the US and the manufacturer didn't honor it 100% but hey I'm just some guy on the internet... I'd still be inclined to support the company trying to support the hobby and the product itself regardless...

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure you guys are gonna find it's the same exact product once you tear into it. Sounds like someone thought they had an exclusive distribution deal for the US and the manufacturer didn't honor it 100% but hey I'm just some guy on the internet...
Maybe/maybe not

no way of telling for sure until someone does the comparison. I’m not that person though.

reefsean03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered an autoaqua lite from that site a few weeks ago I was confused because I got it for $40 and on amazon it’s like $70.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a client who manufactures shoes for Reebok and Nike overseas, it is very common for manufacturers in China, etc to sell the items that you have asked them to manufacture for you to other people (this was very popular in the vaporizer industry as well). It seems that the Noopsyche main company does not have very tight control of their supply chain, or these are being sold by Noopsyche for market in other markets and then being sold to the US. Either way Noopsyche needs to get its house in order.

Do not buy these items and expect any sort of warranty.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make a good point I’m going to open them up and see if it’s the same. In no way am I a professional but I can document it and see if it’s the same or are the parts inferior. What’s your thoughts?
That would be great! If they're the same, if so I would suspect that the chinese company that manufactures them for noopsyche is stealing their proprietary tech. It would be interesting to see what you discover.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

let us know what your findings are please!

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a client who manufactures shoes for Reebok and Nike overseas, it is very common for manufacturers in China, etc to sell the items that you have asked them to manufacture for you to other people (this was very popular in the vaporizer industry as well). It seems that the Noopsyche main company does not have very tight control of their supply chain, or these are being sold by Noopsyche for market in other markets and then being sold to the US. Either way Noopsyche needs to get its house in order.

Do not buy these items and expect any sort of warranty.
I'm not saying that this is exactly what's happening with the LED light, but you are correct. I know someone that knows some that knows a handbag manufacturer in Italy. This manufacturer manufactures super high end handbags for most luxury brands and their friends manufacture for other luxury brands. They have the rights to all the raw materials. Once they get a production order and its fulfilled, they make "extras" from the leftover material. They even have the "stamp of authenticity" or the authenticity cards. These handbags sell for 1/4 to 1/2 retail cost. They are not fakes, just unauthorized. Some of the handbags were taken to their respective retail stores and their repair guys couldnt tell any difference. I have a feeling that's happening here if the manufacturing process is being done in China and the seller is selling from China. I dont know how much the price difference is on the lights but I'm sure its tempting. I wouldn't support a seller like that. The items are likely unauthorized, and the unauthorized seller doesnt have overhead like R&D and marketing to cover. Also, dont know if these lights have any patents or copyrights, but I'm sure they have trademarks, so the seller is stealing the intellectual property rights too. Just my 2 cents. Good luck @noopsyche

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested, I will be doing a complete comparison and review of a noopsyche LED from NoopsycheUSA to one from aquariumlowcost.com on my new YouTube channel, called Japeke Reefing. Currently, the channel is not searchable because I do not have any uploaded content, but I will be taking both lights apart and comparing heat syncs, resistors, diodes, and cooling ability. I am eager to share this information with the reefing community. Also, anyone is welcome to follow my Instagram account @ japeke.reefing to keep an eye out for updates. I will be starting the review video this weekend and hope to have a clean, put together version available within the next 2 weeks.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested, I will be doing a complete comparison and review of a noopsyche LED from NoopsycheUSA to one from aquariumlowcost.com on my new YouTube channel, called Japeke Reefing. Currently, the channel is not searchable because I do not have any uploaded content, but I will be taking both lights apart and comparing heat syncs, resistors, diodes, and cooling ability. I am eager to share this information with the reefing community. Also, anyone is welcome to follow my Instagram account @ japeke.reefing to keep an eye out for updates. I will be starting the review video this weekend and hope to have a clean, put together version available within the next 2 weeks.
That’s great! But be prepared for some kickback and flak... a lot of US customers are going to be quite upset if it turns out they were paying 2-2.5x the cost in order to support US suppliers if they turn out to be identical.

me, personally? No, I’m fine with it. I got to support a friends business and got some awesome lights. Win/win/win in my book

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great! But be prepared for some kickback and flak... a lot of US customers are going to be quite upset if it turns out they were paying 2-2.5x the cost in order to support US suppliers if they turn out to be identical.

me, personally? No, I’m fine with it. I got to support a friends business and got some awesome lights. Win/win/win in my book

To me, I’m not trying to favor either company. I am just trying to show a non biased side by side comparison of both products using the same methods. It’s not perfect and I don’t have the best equipment in the world, but I want to share the information with other hobbyists so they can make their own decision.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, I’m not trying to favor either company. I am just trying to show a non biased side by side comparison of both products using the same methods. It’s not perfect and I don’t have the best equipment in the world, but I want to share the information with other hobbyists so they can make their own decision.
Can you also figure out what % of max the LEDs are being driven at ? I am quite certain they drive these at almost 100%

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you also figure out what % of max the LEDs are being driven at ? I am quite certain they drive these at almost 100%
I’ll try my best! I have a fluke meter so I believe I can get the readings, but a little math comes in when figuring LED output %. I can look up a formula :p

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s easier than that- check the label on the driver, and any info on the led board Will help id the diodes. Smart people here can figure out the rest.

I’ll try my best! I have a fluke meter so I believe I can get the readings, but a little math comes in when figuring LED output %. I can look up a formula :p

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I saw them there once and when they specified it only coming with a China type plug i was out. The whole site feels fishy.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Predictions:
They are exactly the same

Difference is:
You get no warranty from the China site
Your package may get hit with import duties
You wait quite a bit longer

Deal breaker:
Power supply is a clone, I mean still can be replaced.

So it is worth it? @Strawberry will have an answer for us

Interesting. I saw them there once and when they specified it only coming with a China type plug i was out. The whole site feels fishy.

The thing is, everyone has some extra cords laying around (lower on the image) so the china plug can be thrown out (instead of purchasing adapters and what not)
download.jpeg

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plug is just a conductor for the electricity. The light Voltage/Hz/Amperage rating 120V / 50 or 60 Hz / and 4.0 Amps. In the US our Hz is 60, just has to do with the sine wave frequency and overall electrical efficiency! Basically, you can change the end of the plug to a US type plug by just cutting the China plug off and screwing the wires into the terminals for a solder free connection :)
9233BCC1-715D-4DFC-BB00-FAAFFEE0E266.png

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s easier than that- check the label on the driver, and any info on the led board Will help id the diodes. Smart people here can figure out the rest.
I’ll definitely take the time to compile all of the component info before making the video :) thanks for that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back