Statement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Predictions:
They are exactly the same

Difference is:
You get no warranty from the China site
Your package may get hit with import duties
You wait quite a bit longer

Deal breaker:
Power supply is a clone, I mean still can be replaced.

So it is worth it? @Strawberry will have an answer for us

The thing is, everyone has some extra cords laying around (lower on the image) so the china plug can be thrown out (instead of purchasing adapters and what not)
download.jpeg
B561BFA6-A4CD-4F7C-8EF8-1A96376FB675.png

They told me that they do offer a warranty. Also, their product shipped to me via DHL in less than 14 days. I’m interested to see the difference between the heat sync components of each light; I’m gonna measure the extruded aluminum with calipers and get a rough estimate of surface area on each light.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plug is just a conductor for the electricity. The light Voltage/Hz/Amperage rating 120V / 50 or 60 Hz / and 4.0 Amps. In the US our Hz is 60, just has to do with the sine wave frequency and overall electrical efficiency! Basically, you can change the end of the plug to a US type plug by just cutting the China plug off and screwing the wires into the terminals for a solder free connection :)
9233BCC1-715D-4DFC-BB00-FAAFFEE0E266.png

Kind of just makes me think it's a knockoff though.
Also are you affiliated with them in any way?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B561BFA6-A4CD-4F7C-8EF8-1A96376FB675.png

They told me that they do offer a warranty. Also, their product shipped to me via DHL in less than 14 days. I’m interested to see the difference between the heat sync components of each light; I’m gonna measure the extruded aluminum with calipers and get a rough estimate of surface area on each light.
One of the issues is that they can say that they do warrenty support all they like- but since they are Chinese company, and you are in US, they are not obligated to follow through on any promises made, unlike a US company selling in US market

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s a knock off

I think they kinda went against noopsyche in some early promises not to export to the US. I mean, why would noopsyche USA knowingly get into an agreement to sell these for the manufacturer, if they weren’t given exclusive US selling rights? What I think is happening is that they are reselling to US market without a clearagreement to do so by Noopsyche Corporate, undercutting the US distributors as they do so

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked them to send me a light to do this comparison and they agreed. I would not consider myself any more affiliated with them than NoopsycheUSA because I received both of the lights for free.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked them to send me a light to do this comparison and they agreed. I would not consider myself any more affiliated with them than NoopsycheUSA because I received both of the lights for free.
You got them both free?

it would be interesting to cross check the serial number of the one they send to see if it’s a legit Chinese sale version, or if they sent you an American market version and said it was one of their ‘knockoffs’

As far as I know, American sale versions have a particular number code in the serial number that can be used to id intended market region.

since they sent it free, I’m pretty sure they are cognizant that your doing a comparison that, if it turns out they are truly the same, will gain them sales. Itshouldn’t be unexpected that they would try to game the system

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the issues is that they can say that they do warrenty support all they like- but since they are Chinese company, and you are in US, they are not obligated to follow through on any promises made, unlike a US company selling in US market
I’m not sure what their warranty does or does not cover, nor am I sure what being in the US and distributing in the US has to do with a company backing a warranty. I just wanted to share that they claim they do have a warranty that covers the product, but I can’t say that it actually does because I haven’t had to use the warranty. It’s like a lot of companies, even in the US, reading reviews is a mixed bag of positive and negative feedback about the actual product, the customer service, and follow through on warranty. I can’t say I have any feedback on their warranty or NoopsycheUSA because I haven’t had to use either.

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got them both free?

it would be interesting to cross check the serial number of the one they send to see if it’s a legit Chinese sale version, or if they sent you an American market version and said it was one of their ‘knockoffs’

As far as I know, American sale versions have a particular number code in the serial number that can be used to id intended market region.

since they sent it free, I’m pretty sure they are cognizant that your doing a comparison that, if it turns out they are truly the same, will gain them sales. Itshouldn’t be unexpected that they would try to game the system
Wow, that’s something I didn’t even consider. I don’t want to step on the toes of either company, so I’m not sure how to use the serial number to find out which version the light is. I’d be really embarrassed to have a positive comparison of both lights, only to find that the one sent to me was the “American” version. I’m sure there are knock offs out there, and it can be really hard to tell the difference. I just want to shed some light on the things I can rule out for sure, without making it about who is “legit” or whatever. All I can do is give a non biased comparison of internal components based off the information I have.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Noops from the US seller, and ordered from Low cost as well (not here yet, ordered 7 days ago).
Both versions were purchased.

I agree with you, but add the following: "I've had US companies not follow through with warranty support lol"

jhebi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these lights from Aquarium Low Cost and I thought they were real not knock offs. I bought them while back when NoopUSA was introducing their lights. I am using them on a Red Sea refeer 350, only 2 lights. So far so good, corals reacting very well. Now I dont know if i want to keep since everyone is suggesting it may be a knock off. If it is, it is a dammm good one because everything works fine with the controller and the schedule is very nice. My new SPS frags all have PE and reating nicely, hopefully stays that way. The only problem was the outlet which is the universal and not USA.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that’s something I didn’t even consider. I don’t want to step on the toes of either company, so I’m not sure how to use the serial number to find out which version the light is. I’d be really embarrassed to have a positive comparison of both lights, only to find that the one sent to me was the “American” version. I’m sure there are knock offs out there, and it can be really hard to tell the difference. I just want to shed some light on the things I can rule out for sure, without making it about who is “legit” or whatever. All I can do is give a non biased comparison of internal components based off the information I have.
Thats why the review companies that last and matter will pay out of pocket from a blind buyer that the manufacturer has no clue about. When a company or distributer even provides the product specifically to be reviewed, there's WAY WAY WAY too much chance and room for tampering to make themselves look better (special firmware,, better gague/quality connections, unrestricted driver output, etc, etc, etc.). Hello VW.

What I like about Noopsyche's reaction to this is they're not blowing things out of proportion. As far as I can tell they've made no outright claim the products are different, just that they back what they sell and support the hobby. I dig that.

Last edited:

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why the review companies that last and matter will pay out of pocket from a blind buyer that the manufacturer has no clue about. When a company or distributer even provides the product specifically to be reviewed, there's WAY WAY WAY too much chance and room for tampering to make themselves look better (special firmware,, better gague/quality connections, unrestricted driver output, etc, etc, etc.). Hello VW.

What I like about Noopsyche's reaction to this is they're not blowing things out of proportion. As far as I can tell they've made no outright claim the products are different, just that they back what they sell and support the hobby. I dig that.
Agreed 100%. Again, I’m not doing it to anger anyone, just trying to put more information out there for curious hobbyists like myself. More information couldn’t hurt anything!

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
474A24B7-B6E5-4E7F-9C4C-526878F59F05.jpeg

Chinese Noop on the left
American Noop on the right
I’d be tearing into them tonight but I’m beat after work, so I’ll start this project Friday evening. I’m interested to see what differences we’ll find! ;)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
474A24B7-B6E5-4E7F-9C4C-526878F59F05.jpeg

Chinese Noop on the left
American Noop on the right
I’d be tearing into them tonight but I’m beat after work, so I’ll start this project Friday evening. I’m interested to see what differences we’ll find! ;)
There you go, right there!!!!
The grills are all wrong and the wire is coming out the other side.

Also- is the top one left, or right, ?

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you go, right there!!!!
The grills are all wrong and the wire is coming out the other side.

Also- is the top one left, or right, ?
The top would be left. The grill lines are purely aesthetic; the lights are facing one another, so the wire comes out from the same place, not that it has any affect on the light either way. I’m trying to create a review based off internal components and effectiveness, not just visual appearance. I’ll be sure to update the thread when it’s complete! :)

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The top would be left. The grill lines are purely aesthetic; the lights are facing one another, so the wire comes out from the same place, not that it has any affect on the light either way. I’m trying to create a review based off internal components and effectiveness, not just visual appearance. I’ll be sure to update the thread when it’s complete! :)
Guess I should have added a couple of :D:D:p:p

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find your channel has the vid been posted? ;Smilie
My channel isn’t searchable yet because you have to have at least 3 videos according to YouTube. Right now I’m in process of recording a couple other videos to upload with my review. Editing is taking a bit longer than expected (bc I have next to zero editing experience) but I’m hoping to have it all up by the end of the month. I’ll definitely let you guys know as soon as it’s up.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back