Status On Tropic Marin - Pro Reef Salt Mix?

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a bucket of the "Pro Reef Salt Mix" way before issues started popping up. Well, I just finished that bucket and am out of salt. Wanting to know if they got everything under control, is all good to use again? If there are still existing problems, what can I use in the meantime?

And please no bashing Tropic Marin, I'm sure they are working on it if they haven't.
Thanks

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a bucket of the "Pro Reef Salt Mix" way before issues started popping up. Well, I just finished that bucket and am out of salt. Wanting to know if they got everything under control, is all good to use again? If there are still existing problems, what can I use in the meantime?

And please no bashing Tropic Marin, I'm sure they are working on it if they haven't.
Thanks

Salt from Turkey has been stopped. Production stop. They have been assessing both internal and external. No findings. They offered refunds if one had a bucket while also working with hobbyists in case the place of purchase was slow to respond. More or less, long story short, there is nothing to report. Search on Tropic Marin Pro Reef Turkey and you will see updates from TM on the subject.

In the mean time Tropic Marin Pro Reef salt from Germany was never a issue and continues to be sold today. If you are looking for TM Pro Reef salt that is what you will get provided you find it in stock. Should mix fine according to TM and other hobbyists. There is still some noise going on or people shy so if that is you or you have a concern any other salt that matches your water parameters close will work.

TL: DR - nothing new to report. TM says everything is fine. Turkey production has stopped. German manufactured salt is fine. Up to you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back