OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Stevo, I'm having a problem with my Touch changing back and forth from the main screen to a blank screen every few seconds, just like the P4 screen does.
But the P4 screen needs to change because it can't fit all the probe info on a single screen.
This didn't happen with the Touch when running the P3.
Does your Touch rotate screens like that or stay on the one screen?
I can't figure it out.

Hi Dennis, my touch was rotating screens in the beginning. I removed the lighting programs 1, 2, and 3 from the display. Im not sure what "window" its found right now, but when you find it youll see the choices listed out that you can check on/off. I unchecked the lighting display as im using ATI module. This allowed all 4 probes to be on one screen, on a single display. I think is found in "DISPLAY". Have you added the touch screen as well as the PB to the "hardware" list? I also forgot the name of this window too, lol. Ill start bringing my laptop with me to work hahaha!

Ill follow up when I get home today.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you add the hardware to the P4 in GCC there are some cool bonus features you get to use. Text color, background image, ect.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i'm pretty sure i removed everything not needed.
When on the main screen, it looks just like yours... 4 probes. That's it.
Then it switches to a blank screen. Then back. And so on.

And yup, the customization is nice. :)
Like I said, this ran for years on my P3 and on my previous tank. I think I've had it for 4 years now.
Just not sure why it's flipping screens.
It has a slightly older firmware so maybe that's why? I haven't been able to get it to upgrade to the latest.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bud, do you think you could write a quick dumbed down guide on how to calibrate the sensors? I'm not understanding many of the display screens showing up when I click calibrate on the Profilux. I've read through the programming guide for calibration, but it seems to be mostly jargon to me. I haven't been able to find a clear step by step guide that explains every step in sequence. Thanks! I'm in the process of trying to get my Profilux 4 up and running, and look forward to the future release of the new webserver, new apps, and fully functional myGHL (and the server side fixes).

The following calibration steps should be taken after setting up the placement of the P4 and other hardware. Make sure to have downloaded, installed, and done your basic setup on GHL Control Center (GCC) via USB connection.

(Before going any further equalize all calibration fluids to your tanks normal running temperature. You can do this by taking the containers putting them in a zip lock bag, close the bag, and allow the bottles to float inside the bag in your tank/sump for 30 minutes. Leave all the bottle closed tight during this time. Leave floating until its time to calibrate each probe.)

STEVO's QUICK SENSOR CALIBRATION GUIDE

(I am not responsible for anything. Use this at your own risk. GHL's programming manual was used to build this guide, but its not a copy and paste.)

Temperature Sensor

1. Connect the sensor to the P4
  2. Install sensor into tank/sump
  3. Do not manually calibrate/adjust temperature sensor at this time.

pH sensor calibration
  1. connect the sensor to the P4
  2. On your P4 arrow down to "sensor settings" and push enter
  3. Arrow down to "pH-value 1" and push enter
  4. Arrow down to "calibration" and push enter
  5. Enter the "calibration tolerance (choose 1)" and push enter
  6. Enter "calibration value 1" (7.00pH)
  7. Enter "calibration value 2" (9.00pH)
  8. Get your calibration fluid of pH 7.00 out of the bag
  9. Open the bottle and place on the table/flat surface
  10. Put pH sensor into the calibration bottle and push enter. Wait while the sensor calibrates. You will hear a tone when the calibration is complete.
  11. Repeat steps 8-10 for pH 9.00 calibration fluid, and save "YES".
  12. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.

Redox sensor calibration
  1. Dont connect the sensor to P4 yet.
  2. On P4 arrow down to "ReDox 1" and push enter
  3. Arrow down to "calibration" and push enter
  4. Enter "calibration tolerance (choose 1)" and push enter
  5. Enter "calibration value 2" (220mV) and push enter
  6. Insert the included "null plug", push enter and wait for a tone
  7. Connect the sensor to the P4
  8. Get the 220Mv calibration fluid out of the floating bag, open it on a table/flat surface, put ReDox probe into solution, and push enter. Wait for tone, and save "YES".
  9. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.

Conductivity sensor calibration
  3. Arrow down to "conductivity (S) 1" and push enter
  6. Enter "calibration value 2" (50.00mS) and push enter
  7. Arrow down to "temperature - sensor 1" and push enter
  8. Enter "temperature of calibration fluid" (this should be what your temp sensor is reading if calibration fluid has been properly equalized prior) and push enter
  9. Hold sensor in the air, push enter, wait for tone
  10. Hold sensor in calibration fluid, push enter, wait for tone, save "YES".
  11. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please review and let me know the corrections that need to be made. Origional post has been updated.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i'm pretty sure i removed everything not needed.
When on the main screen, it looks just like yours... 4 probes. That's it.
Then it switches to a blank screen. Then back. And so on.

And yup, the customization is nice. :)
Like I said, this ran for years on my P3 and on my previous tank. I think I've had it for 4 years now.
Just not sure why it's flipping screens.
It has a slightly older firmware so maybe that's why? I haven't been able to get it to upgrade to the latest.

Here is my "display" tab.
2017-02-27.png

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The following calibration steps should be taken after setting up the placement of the P4 and other hardware. Make sure to have downloaded, installed, and done your basic setup on GHL Control Center (GCC) via USB connection.

(Before going any further equalize all calibration fluids to your tanks normal running temperature. You can do this by taking the containers putting them in a zip lock bag, close the bag, and allow the bottles to float inside the bag in your tank/sump for 30 minutes. Leave all the bottle closed tight during this time. Leave floating until its time to calibrate each probe.)

STEVO's QUICK SENSOR CALIBRATION GUIDE

(I am not responsible for anything. Use this at your own risk. GHL's programming manual was used to build this guide, but its not a copy and paste.)

Temperature Sensor

2. Install sensor into tank/sump
  3. Do not manually calibrate/adjust temperature sensor at this time.

pH sensor calibration
  1. connect the sensor to the P4
  3. Arrow down to "pH-value 1" and push enter
  6. Enter "calibration value 1" (7.00pH)
  7. Enter "calibration value 2" (9.00pH)
  8. Get your calibration fluid of pH 7.00 out of the bag
  9. Open the bottle and place on the table/flat surface
  10. Put pH sensor into the calibration bottle and push enter. Wait while the sensor calibrates. You will hear a tone when the calibration is complete.
  11. Repeat steps 8-10 for pH 9.00 calibration fluid, and save "YES".
  12. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.

Redox sensor calibration
  1. Dont connect the sensor to P4 yet.
  2. On P4 arrow down to "ReDox 1" and push enter
  3. Arrow down to "calibration" and push enter
  4. Enter "calibration tolerance (choose 1)" and push enter
  5. Enter "calibration value 2" (220mV) and push enter
  6. Insert the included "null plug", push enter and wait for a tone
  7. Connect the sensor to the P4
  8. Get the 220Mv calibration fluid out of the floating bag, open it on a table/flat surface, put ReDox probe into solution, and push enter. Wait for tone, and save "YES".
  9. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.

Conductivity sensor calibration
  3. Arrow down to "conductivity (S) 1" and push enter
  6. Enter "calibration value 2" (50.00mS) and push enter
  7. Arrow down to "temperature - sensor 1" and push enter
  8. Enter "temperature of calibration fluid" (this should be what your temp sensor is reading if calibration fluid has been properly equalized prior) and push enter
  9. Hold sensor in the air, push enter, wait for tone
  10. Hold sensor in calibration fluid, push enter, wait for tone
  11. Take sensor out of calibration bottle, rinse off the sensor in a cup of tank water, gently wipe down, install probe into your tank.
Hey man, I really appreciate this! I'll let you know if I have any hick-ups, but the write-up seems very concise. Again, thank you.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, my screen looks just like that.
So re-reading one of your earlier replies, what is the "hardware" list you mentioned?

Double click on "system", then assign the hardware running off your PAB.

2017-02-27 (1).png

2017-02-27 (2).png

2017-02-27 (3).png

Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a dumb question but are you using the P4 to control your MP40's beyond on/off for feed/maintenance?

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I've run into hick-up number 1. When I turn on the Profilux, I get stuck in this endless "start 1-4" screen. There's also a settings button, which offers me the ability to change the feed modes, so I'm guessing this is the feed mode operation screen. When I hit the X on the display, it cancels it out, and then automatically re-opens it. If I hit the X several times and then hit the Check Mark button, I can get into the main settings, but once I do anything, the "start 1-4" screen re-appears. I know this sounds ludacris, but it's what's happening. I've tried logging in via GCC (both wifi and usb) to see if the thing would somehow snap out of it. I've also reset the machine several times (via unplugging and plugging back in.) It's hard to tell with this thing if I just have a faulty unit, or if the incomplete software is just acting up, or if I'm just doing something obscure that would cause it to happen. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I've run into hick-up number 1. When I turn on the Profilux, I get stuck in this endless "start 1-4" screen. There's also a settings button, which offers me the ability to change the feed modes, so I'm guessing this is the feed mode operation screen. When I hit the X on the display, it cancels it out, and then automatically re-opens it. If I hit the X several times and then hit the Check Mark button, I can get into the main settings, but once I do anything, the "start 1-4" screen re-appears. I know this sounds ludacris, but it's what's happening. I've tried logging in via GCC (both wifi and usb) to see if the thing would somehow snap out of it. I've also reset the machine several times (via unplugging and plugging back in.) It's hard to tell with this thing if I just have a faulty unit, or if the incomplete software is just acting up, or if I'm just doing something obscure that would cause it to happen. Any thoughts?

Push the "X" button on the P4 to go to main display. Then cursor down to settings.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can toggle in and out of this mode using the "x" button on the P4. "Start 1, 2, 3, 4" are your feed modes, and maint modes I believe. I use the touch for activating modes.

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It automatically opens the "start 1-4" page for feeding pause. When I hit the X button, it closes it, then half a second later it automatically re-opens the feeding pause "start 1-4" display page (without me pressing anything).

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It automatically opens the "start 1-4" page for feeding pause. When I hit the X button, it closes it, then half a second later it automatically re-opens the feeding pause "start 1-4" display page (without me pressing anything).

Maybe one of the staff will know what to do here. Im thinking check your version of GCC, update firmware, and all else fails system reset in the "system" window. Maybe uninstall/reinstall software too.
@Marco@GHLUSA

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back