Sticky Nem - April Fools?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
3,986
Reaction score
153
Location
West Fargo, ND
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was in the LFS yesterday getting ready to pick up a nem for our pair of SaddleBack clownfish. I told the guy working that I'll take the LTA nem, but I need him to reach in and check to see if the tentacles are sticky or not. He asked why so I explained that if the nem is healthy the tentacles will stick to his finger. If not healthy they will not stick.

He said he'd believe me if it was any other day than yesterday, which was when I realized it was April 1st. I told him I'd do it if he didn't want to as I'm not pulling his leg and it's an honest request. He still didn't believe me until my wife reached into another tank and started to play with an RBTA. After he saw that he took 10 minutes to work up some courage and came back to tell me the tentacles were sticky.

So I bought the nem, but I thought it was a funny story so I figured I'd share.

Anyone else have any good April Fools fish stories?
 
So I was in the LFS yesterday getting ready to pick up a nem for our pair of SaddleBack clownfish. I told the guy working that I'll take the LTA nem, but I need him to reach in and check to see if the tentacles are sticky or not. He asked why so I explained that if the nem is healthy the tentacles will stick to his finger. If not healthy they will not stick.

He said he'd believe me if it was any other day than yesterday, which was when I realized it was April 1st. I told him I'd do it if he didn't want to as I'm not pulling his leg and it's an honest request. He still didn't believe me until my wife reached into another tank and started to play with an RBTA. After he saw that he took 10 minutes to work up some courage and came back to tell me the tentacles were sticky.

So I bought the nem, but I thought it was a funny story so I figured I'd share.

Anyone else have any good April Fools fish stories?

Your wife reached into a LFS tank?
 
I think I'd start shopping around for a different LFS since this guy didn't seem to know what he was doing...lol
 
He was actually pretty new. The rest of the guys are good there. You have to start somewhere right?
 
HAHA that is funny!
 
That is a great April Fool's story. :bigsmile:



i told my husband i bought a new, bigger tank with our tax refund. He spit out his drink!

lol! :snicker:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new