OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking a big risk with the components on the back like that. The only thing I can't reach is the i/o breakout box. I have placed felt furniture sliders under the stand to help with friction but it will still be a pita to work on. I have a Rubbermaid tub I will drain the tank into, slide the tank out, replace what's needed and then refill it.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I received my last two components yesterday, my doser stand and my overflow cover. I should of took some pics of the stand before I installed it but I was too eager to get it installed, so you get pics of it after the fact.

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

I have my lines routed for the Alk, Cal and Mag from the dosing containers and I also have an extra line ran for the ZeoStart.
IMG_3244.JPG

Here is a pic of the overflow cover installed.

IMG_3245.JPG

Here is an image of under the tank completed, Super Clean! I still need to route the dosing lines from the doser to the sump still.

IMG_3242.JPG

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still cycling the tank, I am currently testing Ammonia and Nitrite every day and when the levels drop I add more ammonium at 1 drop per gallon. It usually takes about 2 days for the ammonia to get converted to Nitrite and the Nitrite convert to Nitrate. I started the cycle on the 11th so I am currently 8 days in. I will follow this procedure until the ammonia and Nitrite are gone in less than 24 hrs. I have no clue exactly how long this is gonna take, but on my last tank I used a shrimp and the cycle took about 4-5 weeks.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, with the care and attention to detail you have shown, the "I hope none of the Apex components fail" approach to putting things on the back of the tank seems a bit like a mistake. I know you said moving the tank to make changes isn't a big deal, but I have to disagree. I can't imagine having to drain my tank and move it away from the wall every time I want and or need to adjust something with my Apex... Just my $.02
I respect your opinion, The reason I did it this way was thatthere is nothing to adjust on the apex modules once setup. Now if a failure occurs then I have to address that when that happens by moving the tank. I could of put the modules under the stand and placed the outlets on the back of the stand and I would probably been happy with that but.... I hate seeing cords and my OCD made me approach it this way! :mad:

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sweet build how much do you think the total cost was give us a ball park figure

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your post from beginning to end... Great job!! Looks amazing! Also can't wait to see the grow out. Love the aquascape!!

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read your post from beginning to end... Great job!! Looks amazing! Also can't wait to see the grow out. Love the aquascape!!
Yeah... So next I need a camera as you can tell by my cruddy photos. Sounds like a good plan for today... Find camera!

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice way to burn your dinero,So I guess you can buy a 1000 camera and brag on your setup LOL

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my little setup cost me about 2500 I thought I got a good deal.I need to put another 1200 in equipment in it too

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the equipment the cheap part I think too all those dang corals and fish so about another 10k to spend for you

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of my sps already in my frag system so I just have to move them over, I will need to spend some cash on fish though and of course those special corals you just have to have.

Thomthom329

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of my sps already in my frag system so I just have to move them over, I will need to spend some cash on fish though and of course those special corals you just have to have.
Keep it up, Ron. Buy cheap, buy twice, I always say. Best to do it right the first time. And your system is on the money.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back