STL Clubs?

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to know if there are any local Reef Clubs in the STL area. I'm live in the City in the Gate District.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hit most in the area, marine solutions and corals and more are closest to me. Both very well ran. Agreed, Joe's seascape studio is awesome. My Tomini I got from them last is fat and happy going on six months now.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live about an hour and a half away from Seascapes but frequent there, every so often! Great selection! Definitely one of my go toos. I've had good luck at Gateway, also. :)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotten very nice montipora digata's from gateway that are exploding in my tank! Nice place as well. Steve's corner reef in Columbia Illinois is very nice and well ran as well!

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thats great to know! So far i'm impressed with the quality in STL. I sometimes make the travel to KC and it's not bad either.

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are very fortunate to have many great LFS here. SLASH just had their fall frag swap here and it was very awesome. Got some very nice frags there and even won one of the raffles and took home a very nice frag rack! They will have one in the spring. It's a must to attend! Vendors from out of state and numerous local LFS attend with their booths.

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are very fortunate to have many great LFS here. SLASH just had their fall frag swap here and it was very awesome. Got some very nice frags there and even won one of the raffles and took home a very nice frag rack! They will have one in the spring. It's a must to attend! Vendors from out of state and numerous local LFS attend with their booths.
Awesome as soon as it gets closer and they have dates for it I plan on taking PTO if I have to work that night.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, I'll check it out.

Here's my tank:
IMG_1194.JPG

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, I'll check it out.

Here's my tank:
IMG_1194.JPG
Very nice! What you have in there coral and livestock wise?
I'm also digging the Horseshoe Crab on the wall. Growing up in FL I have been unfortunate enough to step on those plenty of times.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, thank you for your service! I'm a vet also, Army 88-92. Dad was navy during WW2. My son is currently serving in the army.

Started reefing a year after I got out in 93 and have been salty since.

Hand built this back in late 14'. Stock 125 rr Marineland with a 125 basement sump/fish room. I call it my fish lab, wife thinks I'm nuts. Lol. No she fully supports my addiction. Lol

There's SPS and LPS and a couple of softies around. So technically it's mixed SPS/LPS dominant.

Seven year old mated tank raised ocellaris clowns, one halichoeres chrysus wrasse and one Tomini tang. That all for now. More to come.

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, thank you for your service! I'm a vet also, Army 88-92. Dad was navy during WW2. My son is currently serving in the army.

Started reefing a year after I got out in 93 and have been salty since.

Hand built this back in late 14'. Stock 125 rr Marineland with a 125 basement sump/fish room. I call it my fish lab, wife thinks I'm nuts. Lol. No she fully supports my addiction. Lol

There's SPS and LPS and a couple of softies around. So technically it's mixed SPS/LPS dominant.

Seven year old mated tank raised ocellaris clowns, one halichoeres chrysus wrasse and one Tomini tang. That all for now. More to come.
Thank you so much for acknowledging my service and Thank you for yours and your dad and son.
Great display! I like it a lot. I will definitely follow along to see how it comes along.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back