STL Clubs?

jboone82590

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Where did you get the barnacle cluster? I've been thinking about ordering one from reefcleaners.org
I got it from an LFS and they aren't very expensive on ebay and it it was worth it i would sent you some but it would be cheaper for you to get them on ebay lol

20160809_192126.jpg

OP
OP
2Shainz

2Shainz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from an LFS and they aren't very expensive on ebay and it it was worth it i would sent you some but it would be cheaper for you to get them on ebay lol

20160809_192126.jpg
I'll check on eBay and see if they are cheaper than Reef Cleaners.

jboone82590

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check on eBay and see if they are cheaper than Reef Cleaners.
If not then let me know the price and i can try to bring some to STL next time i come and we can meet at a store and ill give them to you

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's get SLASH posting here! :)

scubaSTL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the club have a relationship with RC or sponsorship? it seems like any type of movement talk is a taboo topic, but RC is a giant pain in the butt to use. I find tapetalk tolerable, but I rarely use it.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of their club members is a mod on RC. So there is an affiliation.

scubaSTL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm a nice guy but I refuse to be edited by an unknown party regarding posts addressing a obvious club problem.
My account on RC was blocked today after I posted my name tag on r2r on RC so other members would be able to add me.
I've seen this topic rise up a few times.
I now have the problem of enjoying the club while hating RC. It's horrible. It's not even a good posting board, adding pictures is a nightmare, the sights never been updated. The home area on RC hasn't been updated in years. Links to random crap from the early 2000's fill all the little tabs but are useless.
Modding must pay the bills. And be super buzy with the dozens of daily posts.
Or the site has other motives and uses reef keeping as the reason it's still up and running.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It hasn't changed in all these years. I still pop in RC once in a blue moon, but Reef2reef is my home.

The Rev is a upstanding individual and he has some of the hobby's big names here that frequently join us in conversations, willing to be apart of this community. Speaks volumes to me.

Since joining, I've never seen "flaming" or "talking down" to anyone here, by anybody. Everyone is open minded and willing to help, willing to share their experiences, right or wrong, me included.

RC has its go to people and history of information that is vast, but lacks things like the "reefsquad". Need help for an answer, just type #reefsquad and here they come to help. "like buttons" that tells others you approve of what was said, if you don't, don't hit the like button. (No need for flaming) Simple, yet effective. Makes you feel apart of the community.

After all, it's about the hobby and the hobbyists. Not about being right or wrong personally, socially. It's about sharing and learning. I love it.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ke the "reefsquad". Need help for an answer, just type #reefsquad and here
You rang?

Well I'm a nice guy but I refuse to be edited by an unknown party regarding posts addressing a obvious club problem.
My account on RC was blocked today after I posted my name tag on r2r on RC so other members would be able to add me.
I've seen this topic rise up a few times.
I now have the problem of enjoying the club while hating RC. It's horrible. It's not even a good posting board, adding pictures is a nightmare, the sights never been updated. The home area on RC hasn't been updated in years. Links to random crap from the early 2000's fill all the little tabs but are useless.
Modding must pay the bills. And be super buzy with the dozens of daily posts.
Or the site has other motives and uses reef keeping as the reason it's still up and running.
Yea , we don't play that.

Pretty mellow here. Just play nice and rember t's a family show and there are a lot of kids here in fact.

Welcome to reef2reef!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You rang?

Yea , we don't play that.

Pretty mellow here. Just play nice and rember t's a family show and there are a lot of kids here in fact.

Welcome to reef2reef!

Lol, yep, I rang.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did someone say RS? As said, it's different here on R2R. Family friendly, helpful and most importantly respectful. It's okay to disagree with someone, just keep it civil and all will be fine.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to come over here, St Louis reefing posts take me down memory lane. There was a place off of north Lindbergh by the airport that I used to go to that was great, and also a place Hanley in down town Clayton. I started my reefing adventure in Stl :)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to come over here, St Louis reefing posts take me down memory lane. There was a place off of north Lindbergh by the airport that I used to go to that was great, and also a place Hanley in down town Clayton. I started my reefing adventure in Stl :)

I got my start at the place by the airport. It was "Inland Marine" ran by a guy named Scott. Very cool LFS. Loved that store!

The place in Clayton was "Clayton pet emporium" and was also very cool LFS.

Inland Marine was taken by the airport expansion and he never came back.

Since the good old days, we have some awesome and amazing LFS here. There's 10 LFS in the area that carry saltwater. Lots to choose from! We are very blessed to have that many.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my start at the place by the airport. It was "Inland Marine" ran by a guy named Scott. Very cool LFS. Loved that store!

The place in Clayton was "Clayton pet emporium" and was also very cool LFS.

Inland Marine was taken by the airport expansion and he never came back.

Since the good old days, we have some awesome and amazing LFS here. There's 10 LFS in the area that carry saltwater. Lots to choose from! We are very blessed to have that many.

Ha, I new I still had this
Fixed -4640.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.7%
Back