Stock Fluval 13.5 Lighting

sarahbeth23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a Fluval 13.5 that was given to me (set up for a few years prior) that I have now had for alittle over a year. It’s a mixed reef set up with a black clown, orchid dottyback, porcelain crab, Pom Pom crab, peppermint shrimp, one small red fromia star, a small CUC, some bubble tips, flowers, hammers, favia and mushrooms. I’m in the process of finding a nice 75-90 gal. set up that suitable for me but in the mean time have noticed my bubble tip anemone’s starting to bleach and would like to update my lighting.
Are there any higher output lighting opts that fit in the stock lid? If not what is recommended.
I also would like to get a RO/Di system set up with tanks in my basement. Any recommendations on brands/ do’s or dont’s? Thanks in advance!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen people fitting the AI Blade within the stock lid with a minor gap on either side.

Are you sure it has anything to do with light? Sounds more like a nutrition based issue maybe? Anemones can be bleached from a number of reasons. It might be beneficial if you could share your water parameters, the flow, feeding routines etc.

I think we need to know more about your tank to help here- but it could definetly be a number of other reasons but the light.

Upvote 0

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light should be fine for bubbletips. The bleaching is probably due to something else.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back