Stock limit for Fluval Flex 32.5

Jicklenop

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
8
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been stocking my tank since the start of the year and I want to get some ideas on how near to the limit I am as i feel like I probably can't add any more. I'm really wanting to add either a lawnmower or bicolor blenny, or a Diamondback goby as I need some help with some algae as well as getting my sandbed turned over.

Anyway, what I have currently:

Pair of clowns
Yellow watchman goby and a candy cane shrimp
Firefish
Purple firefish
Tailspot blenny
Orange spot goby
Sixline wrasse
Royal gramma

Inverts if anyone cares to know:
2 blue legged hermits
A handful of trochus, Nassarius, astrea, and cerith snails
Conch
Cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Emerald crab
Tuxedo urchin

I worry about adding another goby as there are already 2, but one of my pieces of rockwork has hardly anyone living in/under it so maybe there wouldn't be any issues with territory. The same would go for a blenny, there should be plenty of territory on that rock for it to make it's own. But I feel like I've got so many fish already and might be slightly overstocked, though my parameters are usually pretty good so long as I keep up on my water changes.

I just wanted to get a few thoughts, I've been leaning towards leaving things as is but I would love to add one of those if it seems like it would be viable. Thanks!
 
So I've been stocking my tank since the start of the year and I want to get some ideas on how near to the limit I am as i feel like I probably can't add any more. I'm really wanting to add either a lawnmower or bicolor blenny, or a Diamondback goby as I need some help with some algae as well as getting my sandbed turned over.

Anyway, what I have currently:

Pair of clowns
Yellow watchman goby and a candy cane shrimp
Firefish
Purple firefish
Tailspot blenny
Orange spot goby
Sixline wrasse
Royal gramma

Inverts if anyone cares to know:
2 blue legged hermits
A handful of trochus, Nassarius, astrea, and cerith snails
Conch
Cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Emerald crab
Tuxedo urchin

I worry about adding another goby as there are already 2, but one of my pieces of rockwork has hardly anyone living in/under it so maybe there wouldn't be any issues with territory. The same would go for a blenny, there should be plenty of territory on that rock for it to make it's own. But I feel like I've got so many fish already and might be slightly overstocked, though my parameters are usually pretty good so long as I keep up on my water changes.

I just wanted to get a few thoughts, I've been leaning towards leaving things as is but I would love to add one of those if it seems like it would be viable. Thanks!
Watch that Sixline as he matures, they have a thing for going for the eyes of gobies and dragonets.
 
I second the recommendation of being cautious of the six line. They can be devils. You are definitely fully stocked. If you need suggestions on getting the sand turned over, I like nassaruius snails.
 
I will be sure to keep an eye on it, I appreciate the information! As of now everything is getting along, no aggression between any of my fish. Thank you all for confirming my thoughts on it!
 
I would call that a full tank and be happy. These fish have been together just a matter of months, that's not long enough to consider a 'success'. The fish will grow and attitudes will change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new