Stock List For 125

Ruckus16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm venturing into big tank world, for me anyway. I currently have a 40B and will be moving everything to a standard 125. There are a lot of fish drawing my interest that I would like some feedback on. I realize some in the following list are not considered reef safe. Any suggestions of amount of fish and what will get along peacefully would be appreciated.

Making the move from the 40B will be...
2 clowns
Royal Gramma
Sixline
Bicolor Blenny

Wish List...
Dwarf Angels-Coral beauty, potters, flame. Id like to have 2 of the 3 if possible
Tangs-Tomini, Kole, Blue. Tangs are new to me but I would like to have 2 or 3
Flame Hawkfish-my research has led me to believe these are great fish to watch
Midas Blenny
Green Coris Wrasse
Jawfish
Any of the flasher/carpenter wrasses
Anthias?

Again I'm new to a lot of these fish and this size tank. Any suggestions of what has worked for you or fish you enjoy.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a reasonable list. Two dwarf angels should be added at the same time. The hawkish will kill/eat any ornamental shrimp or crabs, so not sure if you planned on things like cleaner shrimp. The blue hippo will eventually outgrow the tank so ideally stay with smaller tangs. I love anthias but they do take dedication. I have 3 species in my 150gal. They need multiple small feedings a day. Depending on species, you may want to add them early as some are docile and would be out competed for food with your list. Lyretails may work best, very robust and hardy but can be rough on eachother

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 dwarf angels are possible if added simultaneously.

Sixline wrasses can get quite aggressive, especially toward other wrasses. So having one in the tank will prevent getting fairy or flasher wrasses.

Green coris wrasses get big, aggressive, lose their bright green coloring, and flip corals and small rocks.

Flame hawks may eat ornamental shrimp, but most are fine with cleaner and blood shrimp.

OP
OP
R

Ruckus16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 dwarf angels are possible if added simultaneously.

Sixline wrasses can get quite aggressive, especially toward other wrasses. So having one in the tank will prevent getting fairy or flasher wrasses.

Green coris wrasses get big, aggressive, lose their bright green coloring, and flip corals and small rocks.

Flame hawks may eat ornamental shrimp, but most are fine with cleaner and blood shrimp.
Same problem with yellow coris wrasse?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back