Stocking 13.5 gallon tank

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every tank is different. Just, because one has succeeded. Doesn't mean another will. The other person doesn't know or otherwise they wouldn't be asking. I already know not to have a small tank. You don't need a video for that.
The person is asking for a "stocking list." Not advise about how to run a tank. Stick to the thread. I am not telling the person to beef up there biological media with Marine Pure. Just what fish to get with what is basic that comes with a FLUVAL Evo 13.5. So whatever argument or point you are trying to prove by policing a member of R2R. Give up the act and stick to the thread.

My point is simple. He was told that 3 fish was too many, and I argue that 4 is fine as well as critters.

Another beautiful tank with 4 fish, and corals.

I am on topic. You said something about trading ina tank if you can’t keep the fish forever? THAT is policing , lol. Pot meet kettle.
Oh boy.

OP, 4 fish is fine and even a a shrimp and cleaning crew too.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point is simple. He was told that 3 fish was too many, and I argue that 4 is fine as well as critters.

Another beautiful tank with 4 fish, and corals.

I am on topic.

Did I say how many fish to put in a 13.5g tank once? So you are arguing with yourself buddy. Since you got all this time on your hand to argue with someone. Go back and look. Then you will be like dang hmmm.. He really didn't. Why am arguing with him and going off topic of the thread like 40B Knasty didn't. Maybe I should say sorry to him. Only if I could put this pride away that he really doesn't care about:confused:
Now that's how you go full on off the topic. You are just halfway there.

Plauri55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I say how many fish to put in a 13.5g tank once? So you are arguing with yourself buddy. Since you got all this time on your hand to argue with someone. Go back and look. Then you will be like dang hmmm.. He really didn't. Why am arguing with him and going off topic of the thread like 40B Knasty didn't. Maybe I should say sorry to him. Only if I could put this pride away that he really doesn't care about:confused:
Now that's how you go full on off the topic. You are just halfway there.
I've had my Fluval 13.5 going for one and a half years now. Started with 2 Clowns and a Blenny. Six months ago added a pair of shrimp Gobies. So 5 small fish. Also have a cleaner shrimp and tuxedo urchin along with a typical CUC. Zoas, Duncan's, mushrooms, ricordea and other LPS. I do 15 % water change every 2 weeks. All is stable, all are happy.
It can be done. Keep up on maintenance and go slow.
IMG_20180513_145913.jpeg

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I am planning to stock my Fluval evo 13.5

1. Ocellaris clownfish(2)
2. Pink Streaked wrasse(1)

Am I overstocking?
I kept two clowns in a 10 gallon for four years. Donated them to a fellow "3reefer" when I moved five years or so ago. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do two clowns. As for the wrasse, I drop that from the list. Maybe go with a yellow or green clown goby???

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my Fluval 13.5 going for one and a half years now. Started with 2 Clowns and a Blenny. Six months ago added a pair of shrimp Gobies. So 5 small fish. Also have a cleaner shrimp and tuxedo urchin along with a typical CUC. Zoas, Duncan's, mushrooms, ricordea and other LPS. I do 15 % water change every 2 weeks. All is stable, all are happy.
IMG_20180513_145913.jpeg
Never once said it couldn't be done. I said "I" would stay away from the clowns. Just like "I" would not put a tang in a 3 foot tank. It's his tank. Can things be done and work for the time being, yes. Is it best for it? You will not get a yes out of me. He was looking for a stocking list. Why is there points trying to be proven directly at me?
You have 5 "small" fish for now. You do realize that Midas blenny gets up to 6"? It will be just under 1/3 the tank's width of 20.5". Best of luck to you when it gets to max size.
So how about them Red Sox:rolleyes:

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’d be ok. I have successfully kept two clowns, a yellow watchman goby/shrimp pair, and a purple dartfish in 16 gallons. Some tips... do a one or two gallon water change EVERY week (for real), feed very lightly, dose nothing (let water changes take care of everything) and put more water movement than you think necessary. Running nano and picos is lots of fun if you’re patient. You may find help at nanoreef.com. Good luck!

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20180513_145913.jpeg

That is all I am saying. It isn’t just this site, and it isn’t personal, but for some reason even in other sites they seem to want to put a limit on fish at like 2 and many say no clowns.

I think if you practice good mantenance 4 and critters is easily doable with that tank.

The irony is that I have this tank and a sump only have two fish because I can’t decide what to put in next.

67641DC8-853B-46EF-881F-D606E20086F7.jpeg

Gunzen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’d be ok. I have successfully kept two clowns, a yellow watchman goby/shrimp pair, and a purple dartfish in 16 gallons. Some tips... do a one or two gallon water change EVERY week (for real), feed very lightly, dose nothing (let water changes take care of everything) and put more water movement than you think necessary. Running nano and picos is lots of fun if you’re patient. You may find help at nanoreef.com. Good luck!

Dose nothing and water changes is awesome. 100% agree. Seems kind of weird to spend up to a grand on a tanks and not even be able to put in a couple of clownfish.

ReeferCO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EVO 13.5 owner. 1 year 2 clowns, watchman goby/pistol shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, 4 hermits, 4 astrea snails. and a bunch of easier corals. However I did just upgrade to a 75 gallon display with 30 gallon sump because I am officially addicted to this.

If I was to re-stock the evo today I would have gone with 1 clown, watchman/pistol and 1 different small fish for the variety.

nanoReeeeeferrrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EVO 13.5 owner. 1 year 2 clowns, watchman goby/pistol shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, 4 hermits, 4 astrea snails. and a bunch of easier corals. However I did just upgrade to a 75 gallon display with 30 gallon sump because I am officially addicted to this.

If I was to re-stock the evo today I would have gone with 1 clown, watchman/pistol and 1 different small fish for the variety.

Attachments

• 689A2A42-2842-4FB0-8BB2-5A256C258164.jpeg
    689A2A42-2842-4FB0-8BB2-5A256C258164.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 121
  • A697B040-C8C1-4BB2-96D0-CD4B6A372E27.jpeg
    A697B040-C8C1-4BB2-96D0-CD4B6A372E27.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 122
  • E60EE282-74EA-4F9D-B39D-565371A7739F.jpeg
    E60EE282-74EA-4F9D-B39D-565371A7739F.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 131

bondsgot73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for about 6 months now.

Rainford goby
Swissguard basslet
Six line wrasse
Fire shrimp and CUC

First two were added at the same time probably 4 months ago and the six line about 2 weeks ago. The six line is definitely on the smaller side but I’m already considering rehoming him.

nanoReeeeeferrrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for about 6 months now.

Rainford goby
Swissguard basslet
Six line wrasse
Fire shrimp and CUC

First two were added at the same time probably 4 months ago and the six line about 2 weeks ago. The six line is definitely on the smaller side but I’m already considering rehoming him.
I have a fairy wrasse it’s about 2.5 inches and a green chromis pistol shrimp conc starfish hermits snails wanting to add one more fish

Aki...

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns need a 30 gal. tank, the Pink Streaked wrasse will be fine. Go to any fish site and look at the nano fish selection to get ideas. As for over stocking 1 -2 fish is good and depends on how much you feed and make sure all food is eaten. In that size tank prams. can change fast, need to check often. Good Luck
no they do not
clowns need 20gal

borrowedthemoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg this tank is gorgeous! I just recently set up my 13.5, and I saved all of your photos so that I have a build design, and can copy as much as possible! #jealous

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back