Stocking 20 gallon tank

markon87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a 20-gallon tall tank. Inside I have two ocellaris clownfish and one bicolor blenny. Even though I had my clowns for two years before adding the blenny, I don't see any aggression inside the tank. They even let the blenny go inside of their pot, which I think it's pretty ****** from the blenny to even come close :) The only thing I see is the female clown sometimes beating the male but he doesn't seem to mind.
I would like to add more fish, preferably some active swimmers, but I am not sure what can I add in this scenario. What would you recommend? Since I recently quarantined the blenny, and I have a quarantine 10-gallon tank already set, I would like to use the opportunity to quarantine more fish and then be done with my stocking list. I also have another 10-gallon tank already set and I could put there any fish that shows aggression. The fish that I like are a royal gramma, a six-line wrasse, a cherub angel, do you think any of these can go?

Thank you all and looking forward to reading your recommendations.

P.S. Here is how my tank looks like:

unnamed-02.jpeg unnamed-03.jpeg unnamed.jpeg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The royal gramma may work, but they do become aggressive after they are a couple of years old. There are some cool looking cardinals (orange striped cardinals) that school a little and swim around a lot. Also, one of the smaller wrasses might be an option since they swim around and give some good action in the tank. I have a flame hawkfish that is really cool to watch in the tank as well....but no shrimp if you go this route. Along that thought...cleaner shrimp are awesome and very active in the tank. Chromis are also an option...but definitely quarantine a long time to ensure no uronema in any of them!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a 20-gallon tall tank. Inside I have two ocellaris clownfish and one bicolor blenny. Even though I had my clowns for two years before adding the blenny, I don't see any aggression inside the tank. They even let the blenny go inside of their pot, which I think it's pretty ****** from the blenny to even come close :) The only thing I see is the female clown sometimes beating the male but he doesn't seem to mind.
I would like to add more fish, preferably some active swimmers, but I am not sure what can I add in this scenario. What would you recommend? Since I recently quarantined the blenny, and I have a quarantine 10-gallon tank already set, I would like to use the opportunity to quarantine more fish and then be done with my stocking list. I also have another 10-gallon tank already set and I could put there any fish that shows aggression. The fish that I like are a royal gramma, a six-line wrasse, a cherub angel, do you think any of these can go?

Thank you all and looking forward to reading your recommendations.

P.S. Here is how my tank looks like:

unnamed-02.jpeg unnamed-03.jpeg unnamed.jpeg
I would get out of the sixline idea, pink streaks are just as good and stay smaller aswell as aren’t too aggressive.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get out of the sixline idea, pink streaks are just as good and stay smaller aswell as aren’t too aggressive.
Here’s mine as an example
image.jpg

Very nice fish to have (And don’t care about other wrasses - I have 3 wrasses in this tank including this guy, one M. bipartitus and one C. naokoae however this isn’t a permanent home for those guys and they will go into my big display when they’re big enough).

OP
OP
markon87

markon87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your ideas. I like how pink streaked wrasse looks and it might be a good substitute for sixline. Orange striped cardinals look good too. I would have to stay away from hawkfish because I am going to add to cleaner shrimps in a month or so.

OP
OP
markon87

markon87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine as an example
image.jpg

Very nice fish to have (And don’t care about other wrasses - I have 3 wrasses in this tank including this guy, one M. bipartitus and one C. naokoae however this isn’t a permanent home for those guys and they will go into my big display when they’re big enough).

Nice! Looks very similar to a sixlline wrasse. Just this one ahould be fine in 20-gallonk tank long term, right?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back