Stocking 30G Frag Tank

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I'm working on a new build for a 30g frag grow out tank. Gonna be mostly zoas and softies and some LPS.
Any recommendations on fish? Really thinking only 1-3 max and preferably useful fish like algae eaters and pest control. Trying to stay away from a 6 Line, heard too many stories of them being aggressive in smaller tanks and I already have a Melanurus in my DT.
Would a Leopard Wrasse be able to stay in a 30g or is it too small?
Also thought of maybe a damsel for pest control, but worried it might be aggressive toward the algae eater if it's just them two.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I'm working on a new build for a 30g frag grow out tank. Gonna be mostly zoas and softies and some LPS.
Any recommendations on fish? Really thinking only 1-3 max and preferably useful fish like algae eaters and pest control. Trying to stay away from a 6 Line, heard too many stories of them being aggressive in smaller tanks and I already have a Melanurus in my DT.
Would a Leopard Wrasse be able to stay in a 30g or is it too small?
Also thought of maybe a damsel for pest control, but worried it might be aggressive toward the algae eater if it's just them two.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!
I would recommend a springeri damsel, extremely peaceful IME and goes after flatworms etc. Not many nano fish that deal with algae in any meaningful way. Could look at lawnmower blenny or tailspot blenny. In smaller tanks my algae control is snails. If I were you I would probably just get a trio of springeri and a bunch of trochus/cerith snails.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back