Stocking a 24g nano reef

Petrichor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm at the end of cycling my tank and looking to pick up my CUC and possibly first fish soon and would love some input on my stocking list. My tank is a 24g AIO Current USA Cardiff and I plan on mostly LPS and softies with maybe one or two SPS at the top of the tank.

So far I have this as my stocking list:

CUC (big thanks to Lionfish Lairs' guide!)
1 Nassarius
2 Nerite
2 Cerith
2 Trochus or Turban
Peppermint Shrimp
Porcelain Anemone Crab (if I ever get an anemone in the future)

Fish List
Green Clown Goby
???

The green clown goby is an absolute must. They are one of my favorite fish, and if gobies didn't hate each other I would have as many in the tank as I could fit! As that's not possible, I'd like to know what other fish might be a good option. I know the goby will bother SPS corals, and I'll deal with that if/whenever I get an SPS.

Here are some options I was thinking of, but I'm open to more ideas! Note: I'm not wanting to put all of these fish in the tank, probably just two more. No digging fish recommendations please as I don't want to deal with them in this tank.

Possible Fish?
Six-line wrasse
Pajama Cardinalfish (how are they solitary? aren't they happier in schools?)
Firefish
Clownfish
Chalk Basslet or Royal Gramma

Please let me know which fish you think would be best in the tank, and also what order I should add them in.

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want an awesome fish with a ton of personality I would get a midas blenny by far one of the best fish I have ever owned. I wish I could put him in my nano tank but it is a tad bit too small.... a nice pair of clowns is essential to an reef tank!!

OP
OP
Petrichor

Petrichor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want an awesome fish with a ton of personality I would get a midas blenny by far one of the best fish I have ever owned. I wish I could put him in my nano tank but it is a tad bit too small....

Ooh, I forgot about Midas blennies! That could be an option. I'll have to research them a bit more first.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it sounds redundant but I love designer clowns. They have such personality and come is so many crazy variations. Great fish imo.

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend a very cool and rare fish to come by. Get a golden assessor basslet.

6FC8ADCB-6403-4A3F-B999-82CA93B328C4.png

OP
OP
Petrichor

Petrichor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of support for designer clowns! I don't think I'll end up getting a pair as I want variety in my fish, but definitely considering one. My favorites include naked, misbar, semi-picasso and mochas.

I would recommend a very cool and rare fish to come by. Get a golden assessor basslet.

6FC8ADCB-6403-4A3F-B999-82CA93B328C4.png

Gorgeous! If I ever see one I'll be sorely tempted to add one to the tank!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back