Stocking compatibility

Takashix2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening. Could I get an opinion on some stocking ideas. How is compatibility with this? Any recommended changes?

180 gallon 72x24x25 mixed reef aquarium with LPS and soft corals. Sand substrate with live rock. 55 gallon sump.

Considering this stocking
2 Black Oscilaris
1 Scopas Tang
1 Regal Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Tomini Tang
1 Foxface
2 Benggai Cardinalfish
1 Pygmi Dwarf Angelfish
1 Red Head Fairy Wrasse
3 Green Chromis
1 Bicolor Blenny
1 Diamond Watchman Goby
1 Royal Gramma
1 Orchid Dottyback

1 Cleaner Shrimp
2 Camel Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Arrow Crab
1 Emerald Crab

Various CUC

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would toss in a UV as the Tangs and gramma are sorta ich magnets IMO
Sometimes those chromis self destruct, thats sometimes
2 bangai’s might also self destruct (or might pair)
…looks good tho,
I might skip the camel shrimp and emerald crab….just my expeience
Anyway the total load “maybe” a lil tight but doable (I have 180 total but don’t dare that many)

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks fine! I love my emerald crabs, they are super cute! Some people have issues with them though. And camel shrimp are really cool just no use other than an interesting shrimp. Got sent one by accident when I ordered peppermints!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine. Do note that chromis like to be fed and fed often, so multiple automated feedings are really beneficial if you want to keep them long-term.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine. Do note that chromis like to be fed and fed often, so multiple automated feedings are really beneficial if you want to keep them long-term.
They do! I feed mine 3 times a day, they are in my tank with my two predators, so I feed frozen and then before bed I give them some pellets!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening. Could I get an opinion on some stocking ideas. How is compatibility with this? Any recommended changes?

180 gallon 72x24x25 mixed reef aquarium with LPS and soft corals. Sand substrate with live rock. 55 gallon sump.

Considering this stocking
2 Black Oscilaris
1 Scopas Tang
1 Regal Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Tomini Tang
1 Foxface
2 Benggai Cardinalfish
1 Pygmi Dwarf Angelfish
1 Red Head Fairy Wrasse
3 Green Chromis
1 Bicolor Blenny
1 Diamond Watchman Goby
1 Royal Gramma
1 Orchid Dottyback

1 Cleaner Shrimp
2 Camel Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Arrow Crab
1 Emerald Crab

Various CUC

From a fish health standpoint - the yellow and scopas *may* fight. If you get Banggai cardinalfish, be certain that they are captive raised, the wild caught ones often come in carrying a nasty virus. I'm not a fan of green chromis, they often develop uronema. If you do go with them, I would suggest a group of five or more.

Finally, since you will likely be sourcing the animals from different vendors at different times, I would suggest a proactive quarantine process like this one:

Jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back