Stocking Help

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After ensuring that my apartment options will allow the tank size and renters insurance will indeed cover any property damage if a leak were to happen, I am leaning toward two tank options.

Waterbox Frag 85.3 or 105.4
Stocking list in order of desire:
1. 2 clownfish
2. 2 cardinalfish
3. Lawnmower blenny
4. A utilitarian wrasse such as six-line
5. Orchid dottyback
6. Goby pistol shrimp pair
7. Bristletooth tang (this would only be for the 105.4)
8. Red scooter dragonet
9. Royal gramma basslet
10. 3 pajama cardinalfish

Can a 85.3 (~54 gal display 3ftx2ft) support everything except the pajamas and tang (9 fish total)? Can a 105.4 (~72 gal display 4ftx2ft) support everything on the list (13 fish total)?

Realistically, is 20 more gallons that much harder to move if I ever change apartments? The difference in volume between the two is around 25% more water. The apartment doesn’t restrict tank size at all and the floor can support either

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds pretty good, but I have a few suggestions:

- I would skip the orchid dotty back, they are more often than not the literal devil
- Even in the 105.4, I would only keep the bristle tooth tang as a juvenile until young adult, because (not to be the tang police or anything) that ~70gal. tank size seems a little small. You could probably make it work for a year or two though until it gets cramped
- red scooter dragonet is best added later on when you have a decent pod population (unless you've got it eating frozen or pellets, which I've heard can be difficult)

I think you would be better off with the 105.4, because you have more options and more room (and it's not that much harder to move-same process, just a bit heavier)

Hope this was helpful. Good luck and have fun! I look forward to a build thread for this :)

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds pretty good, but I have a few suggestions:

- I would skip the orchid dotty back, they are more often than not the literal devil
- Even in the 105.4, I would only keep the bristle tooth tang as a juvenile until young adult, because (not to be the tang police or anything) that ~70gal. tank size seems a little small. You could probably make it work for a year or two though until it gets cramped
- red scooter dragonet is best added later on when you have a decent pod population (unless you've got it eating frozen or pellets, which I've heard can be difficult)

I think you would be better off with the 105.4, because you have more options and more room (and it's not that much harder to move-same process, just a bit heavier)

Hope this was helpful. Good luck and have fun! I look forward to a build thread for this :)
This does help. Thank you! Was looking at the ORA captive bred dragonet. They can be fed pellets. I’ll still have a refugium though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back