1 royal gramma
1 flame angle
1 tail spotted blenney
1 red dragonet (male)
1 cleaner shrimp
Snails and hermit crabs

QT
1 fox face in qt (1 week left)
1 powder blue in other qt (2 weeks left)

Future wants
1 more cleaner shrimp (maybe)
1 mandarin Dragonette (once pods build up)

Looking for active fish I’d like more clowns since I have a beautiful rbta and the juvenile clowns could care less about it. So active or larger fish without over stocking.
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of filtration do you have in place? And how old is the tank?
Based on just the info so far, you should have plenty of room to add more fish into the tank. Just how much more will depend on the filtration you are using (more filtration means more fish), while the age of the tank may help determine if it's better to wait longer before adding more, or it if's okay to add them in now (older tanks mean more established bacterial).
If the fish you have already run true to their natures, then it's likely that the Hippo and Flame Angel will be the aggressors in the tank. Anything you think about adding should have a good chance of equaling (or besting) the observed aggression of those two - or any other tank mates that may be more feisty than normal.

I would be careful with more clowns. You may have enough room in the tank for a couple of pairs, but that's going to greatly depend upon the individuals involved. You could get lucky and everyone leaves everyone alone, or you could end up putting your smaller clowns up as targets.

OP
OP
S

SOARnTACO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sort of filtration do you have in place? And how old is the tank?
Based on just the info so far, you should have plenty of room to add more fish into the tank. Just how much more will depend on the filtration you are using (more filtration means more fish), while the age of the tank may help determine if it's better to wait longer before adding more, or it if's okay to add them in now (older tanks mean more established bacterial).
If the fish you have already run true to their natures, then it's likely that the Hippo and Flame Angel will be the aggressors in the tank. Anything you think about adding should have a good chance of equaling (or besting) the observed aggression of those two - or any other tank mates that may be more feisty than normal

It’s not a hippo that would be a nice addition. It’s a powder blue tang. My tank is about 8 months. Been on a fish a month. Filtration is a FX6 with hob protein skimmer and sump with some filtration mostly the sump is a refuge with Cheeto

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with DLHDesign, adding more clowns is not advisable. Nor would I attempt a Dragonett as you already have one and that will be pretty tough to pull off. Normally I would say wrasses but with the dragonett that is not the best idea however a falsher or fairy wrasse might not be too hard on the pod population but stay away from possums, lined or streaked wrasses and any halicheores as they are all pod hunters. Midas blenny would be a nice touch

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back