Stocking Limit?

Dae

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
Wyoming
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a Red Sea max s 500 (132g total volume) tank. I have a fleece roller, protein skimmer, bio-reactor, about 100lbs of live rock and an external refugium (12g). My current stocking list is:

Powder Blue Tang
Tomini tang
2x ocellaris Clownfish
Midas blenny
Tailspot blenny
clown goby
Mandarin goby
Flame angel
Fire Goby
2x neon gobies
Leopard wrasse

Do you think that my tank is at capacity or close to it? If not what recommendations would you give me to add to my reef?
 
Do you have pics? Is there plenty of open swimming space? Are you fighting nitrates? Your list doesn't seem like you're overstocked IMO.
I am not fighting against any nutrient issues. I dont have a good picture of my tank but I have my aquascape as a shelf running the length of my tank with a good 40% of the tank open for swim space. Plenty of large caves and openings for even my largest fish to comfortably swim in and around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new