1 Diamond Goby and Yellow Goby
1 Yellow Tang
1 Naso Tang
1 Hippo Tang
1 Pistol Shrimp
2 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab
20 Hermit Crabs

Need advice am i overstocking? and are there too many tangs, if yes then can i remove Hippo Tang (more prone to ich than the other two) and can i put 6 Blue Green Chromis instead of the Hippo Tang without overstocking.
I will gradually turn this system to softy, polyps tank in a year or two till then it will be a FOWLR
100lbs of rock to give the fishes more space.

120G sump; reef octopus 200int skimmer; purigen; seachem matrix bio; seachem matrix carbon and Filter pads.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each tanks biofiltration is different, so it will be difficult to determine if the that is overstocking or not. Add fish slowly and test parameters often.

The biggest concern I see is having 2 solorensis wrasses. Females often transition to male regardless of whether a male is present or not. And 2 male fairy wrasses of the same species rarely works out longterm.

tangtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take out either the hippo or naso. The foxface and the tangs get large and they all swim the entire tank, so it may get crowded.

OP
OP
U

Utkarsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each tanks biofiltration is different, so it will be difficult to determine if the that is overstocking or not. Add fish slowly and test parameters often.

The biggest concern I see is having 2 solorensis wrasses. Females often transition to male regardless of whether a male is present or not. And 2 male fairy wrasses of the same species rarely works out longterm.

I read about solar fairy wrasse...many websites state they are schooling fish, so if i should not keep it in pair then should i keep a harem of them? Like 1 male 3female? Will this work?

OP
OP
U

Utkarsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take out either the hippo or naso. The foxface and the tangs get large and they all swim the entire tank, so it may get crowded.

Thanks for the suggestion i was in this dilemma for quite a sometime i will definitely not keep hippo tang now. But is it ok to keep 6 blue green chromis instead of the hippo tang without affecting the swimming space of my naso tang.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read about solar fairy wrasse...many websites state they are schooling fish, so if i should not keep it in pair then should i keep a harem of them? Like 1 male 3female? Will this work?
Solorensis don't school, though they are social in the wild. In captivity however, multiples of the same species usually doesn't work out longterm. This is because, as stated already, that females usually transition into male, regardless of whether another male is present, whether it's 1 female or all the females in a larger group.

The good news is that fairy wrasses generally do better with other fairy wrasse species, though there are some species that don't mix as well.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back