• Bristletooth tang

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this list, I would suggest getting the clowns and either the Cardinals or the goby and firefish first, and then wait 2-3 weeks (at least) to see how your tank is doing.

Are you planning to quarantine?
Are you planning on having coral?
I'd go clowns only since the rest can be a bit fincky with a freshly cycled tank. Especially the Cardinals, they are notorious for hunger strikes.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will get a lawnmower then as my LFS doesn't usually get in starry blennies.
Don't get a fish just because we're recommending it, get it if you want it. Hold off on deciding on a hawk or blenny...

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this list, I would suggest getting the clowns and either the Cardinals or the goby and firefish first, and then wait 2-3 weeks (at least) to see how your tank is doing.

Are you planning to quarantine?
Are you planning on having coral?
Ok so I have already added the clowns in a week ago and everything is doing fine! Was planning to get another fish tomorrow. Was going to be the firefish but the store is out of stock. :(

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go clowns only since the rest can be a bit fincky with a freshly cycled tank. Especially the Cardinals, they are notorious for hunger strikes.
Yeah, I was thinking about that too.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have already added the clowns in a week ago and everything is doing fine! Was planning to get another fish tomorrow. Was going to be the firefish but the store is out of stock. :(
Then the universe is telling you not to get one yet ;)

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get a fish just because we're recommending it, get it if you want it. Hold off on deciding on a hawk or blenny...
Exactly, we are split on the hawkfish. I have two different varieties and I love them. A longnose & a Falco.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will hold out. Sorry I love planning everything so far ahead! lol :)
I totally understand, but what if someone local ends up breaking down their tank and you decide to buy a few of theirs? Or the fish store gets in the most adorable random goby or other fish? Since it's best to go slow in this hobby anyway, just take it one day/week/month at a time and enjoy the fish you have at any given point.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, we are split on the hawkfish. I have two different varieties and I love them. A longnose & a Falco.
See, my Falco harassed my 3 court jester gobies to death. Every fish is different.

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry It's just because they have this beautiful bristletooth tang I was planning to get and I know they need to be added last so kind of wanted to rush the stocking to get it. Probably not a good idea. Will try to slow down. I can't add the tang sooner right? Also I am planning to add corals sooner or later. Mainly be lps dominated.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, my Falco harassed my 3 court jester gobies to death. Every fish is different.
Total opposite in my case, my dude chills out. He occasionally jockeys with the long nose for perching spots but the long nose is established first, so little fighting.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry It's just because they have this beautiful bristletooth tang I was planning to get and I know they need to be added last so kind of wanted to rush the stocking to get it. Probably not a good idea. Will try to slow down. I can't add the tang sooner right? Also I am planning to add corals sooner or later. Mainly be lps dominated.
Its all good. I've done my share of dumb butt impulse buys over the years. After many mistakes and umpteen thousands of dollars burned, I'm kinda getting better about this saltwater stuff.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back