• Bristletooth tang

Results are only viewable after voting.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry It's just because they have this beautiful bristletooth tang I was planning to get and I know they need to be added last so kind of wanted to rush the stocking to get it. Probably not a good idea. Will try to slow down. I can't add the tang sooner right? Also I am planning to add corals sooner or later. Mainly be lps dominated.
If your parameters are stable, you can add the tang now if you want. Bristletooths aren't as bad as some other tangs as far as aggression. Just be prepared to put him in time out (in the sump) if he gets too bossy with a future addition.
(By the way, This is what I was talking about before. You can't plan everything. If you're in love with this fish and you can provide extra algae for it, then go for it)

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also btw all params are stable except for I think alkalinity which is a bit low which is apparently normal for a new tank.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't come home from the fish store with an anemone!!
michael-scott.gif

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully my clownfish won't kill a future torch coral though!
There's no guarantee they won't try to adopt other coral just because there's a nem in the tank. my clowns tried to host in candy canes for about a year before they figured out the nem, lol!

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Just to confirm If my stocking plan goes well and I make a big fuge I can try the mandarin in around 9 months to a year? Thanks so much again! Really helpful!

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AAargh, I am reconsidering my idea for the bristle tooth tang. So I definitely can't do both even if I take out some other fish to manage bioload? These two are really my dream fish right now?

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
probably still leaning towards bristletooth but the foxface is meant to be the best alage eater and the most peaceful? Apparently they tackle different types of algae so they would be a great team as well?

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I know it is probably more responsible to listen to you and just get one but there isn't anyway I can get away with both right? I guess it's better to make sure it will be okay before I get too attached to them?

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the main problem the bioload? As if so can I just up my filtration? Or is there anything else I need to take into account?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back