Stocking List

I've seen BSJ's rearrange the entire sand bed of a 55 gallon tank. If you get too many bottom dwellers they will go to war with each other over territory and higher risk of avalanches and fish getting crushed. If you are passionate about sand dwelling/cave digging fish, I would say get a tank that has the space for that and design it properly to be avalanche/crush safe for bottom dwellers.
 
Jawfish have large mouths, guessing this purple firefish stumbled into his burrow…

IMG_5146.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Ok. I already have one clown in the tank bc sadly the other one jumped out before I owned a lid. I was planning on buying all the fish at the same time from the same place and QTing them together. Would that work?
It should
 
The BSJ stands for blue spotted jawfish, and my tank is a 25gal lagoon
I love this stocking list for that tank. Seems very appropriate. BSJ is such a cool fish. I’ve seen them at the store but haven’t bought one. Make sure you have enough sand for him. Would echo caution with too many gobies with the BSJ especially since he’s first in. Maybe try like a pseudochromis instead
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new