Stocking options for a nano

dexterie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Messages
157
Reaction score
128
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

Even though it's too early to get them (the tank is cycling), I'd like to start thinking about the stocking options for my 20g/75l Red Sea max nano.

For sure, I will want clownfish (ocellaris) [i have to take 2, right?] and a nice clean up crew (mostly some shrimps, snails and hermits - no idea how many of each I can get - that help with algae and possible issues like aiptasia and so).
I plan to add soft coral after the fish, when everything is stable.

What else could I get?
Any bright blue/yellow fish in mind?

Thank you.
 
I have the red sea max nano it's important to take note that the display area is only 15g with 5g sump. I have it and I'm thinking that eventually I'll need to upgrade for my two clowns.
 
You do not have to have two clownfish. You could get a yellow tail damsel, they are beautiful fish, but they can be very territorial and aggressive. If you get a yellow tail, it should be the last fish you add to the tank.
 
Gobies (yellow watch man goby ) , six line wrasse , fire fish , coral beauty all would be good addition. Keep the number within 4. Add them slowly, if you choose wrasse , add it at the end.
 
Scratch the angelfish, I just cross checked , its not a good choice for nano tank
 
I agree with the points above for sure. 15 gallons of swimming room is not sufficient for two Clownfish. I'd highly recommend a Yellow Watchman Goby, mine is the most common fish in my tank, the least active, and he's somehow still my favorite. A Firefish is also a good choice.
 
...also check out liveaquaria, nano fish category
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new