Stocking Suggestions

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you.
Well don’t get mad but my girlfriend just got the yellow tang which is like 6” but it was free so she took it. I think more than 5 years old, and now she’s getting a bigger tank for him so I’m holding him in my 40. I’ve had the flameback and multicolor for a year, a chromis for about two years and two clowns. My flameback and multicolor got ich and I was worried about treating them with cupramine, but so far I’ve never lost a fish. Unless you count my flameback killing my carpenters wrasse :(

OP
OP
ehealy13

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don’t get mad but my girlfriend just got the yellow tang which is like 6” but it was free so she took it. I think more than 5 years old, and now she’s getting a bigger tank for him so I’m holding him in my 40. I’ve had the flameback and multicolor for a year, a chromis for about two years and two clowns. My flameback and multicolor got ich and I was worried about treating them with cupramine, but so far I’ve never lost a fish. Unless you count my flameback killing my carpenters wrasse :(
I hope your outcome is better than mine, as I thought I controlled the parasites in my tank with vitamins and nutrient rich foods. Unfortunately it came back, and with vengeance. I'd set up a QT now, as a precaution, but that's just my opinion.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well don’t get mad but my girlfriend just got the yellow tang which is like 6” but it was free so she took it. I think more than 5 years old, and now she’s getting a bigger tank for him so I’m holding him in my 40. I’ve had the flameback and multicolor for a year, a chromis for about two years and two clowns. My flameback and multicolor got ich and I was worried about treating them with cupramine, but so far I’ve never lost a fish. Unless you count my flameback killing my carpenters wrasse
I hope your outcome is better than mine, as I thought I controlled the parasites in my tank with vitamins and nutrient rich foods. Unfortunately it came back, and with vengeance. I'd set up a QT now, as a precaution, but that's just my opinion.
Oh yea I already quarantined all my fish for two months and left my tank empty after my angels got ich.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see... I’m glad the angels made it. Did any other fish have ich?
Maybe a little on the chromis but I quarantined everyone, oh maybe the wrasse did have it but even he did well in cupramine. Then two months later I removed the divider in my quarantine tank to see if my flameback got used to my wrasse but nope, he literally nipped him to death. Never lost a fish to any parasites/bacteria, only to the flameback haha

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great suggestion, jaganshi066! Do they have the aggression to defend themselves against the current stocking?
My multicolor shares a RSM250 with two small orchid dottybacks. It seems to enjoy barelling through the tank and scattering the dottybacks, but I think it's actually a timid fish that was bullied in its previous tank. It prefers very small food items like fish roe, and I have to take care that it gets a fair shake at the food before the dottybacks vacuum it up. It spends a lot of the time playing with the wash from the powerheads and surfing the currents. It is, hands-down, one of the most gorgeous fish I've ever seen: when the anemic moonlights are on, the white parts of the fish glow yellow and contrast wondrously with the blue markings.

OP
OP
ehealy13

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My multicolor shares a RSM250 with two small orchid dottybacks. It seems to enjoy barelling through the tank and scattering the dottybacks, but I think it's actually a timid fish that was bullied in its previous tank. It prefers very small food items like fish roe, and I have to take care that it gets a fair shake at the food before the dottybacks vacuum it up. It spends a lot of the time playing with the wash from the powerheads and surfing the currents. It is, hands-down, one of the most gorgeous fish I've ever seen: when the anemic moonlights are on, the white parts of the fish glow yellow and contrast wondrously with the blue markings.
Thank you, davidcalgary29! I feed Herbivore Frenzy 1-2x day, along with LRS Nori. The fish I have now are aggressive eaters, which may make it hard for the multicolor to thrive. Perhaps it's a better choice for the upcoming reef build. I saw TSM has a juvenile Emperor that would ship near the end of the month, which would be good timing (roughly 75 days) since I began treating the DT for ich. He'll need to be rehomed, eventually, I know, but would be a nice addition for awhile.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • None.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back