Stonefish or devil scorp?

chris hayes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to buy a stonefish and this is the pic of what they have in stock that was sent to my phone.. just never seen a white stonefish. .anybody?

imagejpeg_0.jpg

jcosta26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like one to me, could've changed to a lighter color to blend in with the light sand

OP
OP
chris hayes

chris hayes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking the same.. guess I'm gonna pull the trigger and get it hahaha I've just been on the fence all day on getting it

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumieri. Scorpionfish. Three bands on the tail are identifying marks. Not a "stonefish".

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit high.

If you do get it, give it a big tank. They are messy! And when food comes along, they move very quick, quicker then you think they will. Mine would shoot across a 180 like nothing. Up down, whatever to get that food. Other then food they don't move much though.

Also they have HUGE mouths. Mine at around 6" ate a 3" fish that was about 1"-1.5" around.

OP
OP
chris hayes

chris hayes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still up in the air on it man.. I'm looking for a STONEFISH. . Hahaha but it's grown on me.. tank should be good to go.. I have a over sized skimmer running on it as well.. the guy said yea we have a stonefish and texted me this pic.. just didn't look right..thanks for the schooling .. much appreciated!

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for true stonefish, as in the genus Synanceia? If yes, that's not it. That's probably something like a Scorpaena plumieri.

OP
OP
chris hayes

chris hayes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am.. that's exactly what I'm looking for.. but haven't had any luck.. can't find a supplier that can even get them..but! The fight must go on

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find a source, let me know! We've been looking for over a decade and is the one fish I would set a new tank up for. One of these days.... one of these days.....

OP
OP
chris hayes

chris hayes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha yes ma'am. . Same here.. most saltwater people want a gem tang.. but a true stoney is my holly grail.. and I will be sure to pass it along.. I may just get this scorp if he drops the price down some..that's for the knowledge also..

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm still learning on preds. StoneFish look more like frog fish then?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back