Stop. Hammer question time!

drebay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I paid respect to MC parachute pants- Hoping folks can help me out. Had the hammer below for a bout 3 weeks and it was doing fine getting slowly acclimated to lights. Better half told me some tentacles looked shrunk when I was headed home. This is what I came home to (below). Sweeper? There’s a branching hammer about 6 inches away sorta in the direction and bowerbanki about 10 inches away in the opposite direction other corals even further away. I’m a tripping should be from them ?? No coral nipping fish and param have been pretty stable- 35 ppt sal., alk 8.4, ph 8.29, 78 degrees, mag 1280, ca 436, nh 3 & no 2 zero, phosphate 0.06, nitrate 0.69 no change in flow no recent feeding. Don’t really see anything on the skeleton a feather duster but that’s in a different place. Appreciate folks helping me learn in advance!
A52926DB-48B4-46C3-A1CB-9EA41A63E7DF.jpeg

OP
OP
drebay

drebay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I was thinking but I thought hammers were generally safe with one another and wouldn’t the banki frag be too far away? Obviously I’m wrong about something. Tried to unblue the original pic @kingoftheHiLLpeople unfortunately I suck with cameras so this’ll have to do for now.
25FCD371-A482-4489-B638-C2F0815921F1.jpeg

OP
OP
drebay

drebay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries! It does appear to be sweeper - wasnt sure - i thought you wanted to know why it was deflated.
Came to likely a sweeper caused that localized deflation but now I’d like to know from whom. There’s another hammer, branching, that is closest and would make sense given where it was attacked but I thought hammers were ok with one another. There’s a small bowerbanki frag in the opposite direction like to the left in the pic but that seems a ways away. So my question is do hammers attack one another or do bowerbanki have real long sweepers? Want to make sure I learn and move appropriately.

OP
OP
drebay

drebay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks too thin to be a sweeper. Hard to tell with pic but maybe a digitate hydroid.
Wasn’t thinking it was a digitate hydroid b/c it didn’t have that dotty appearance just off the main central tube thing. Lol not like anyone can tell with my crappy pic.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back