Storeing saltwater

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamfinke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamfinke

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for ideas on storing saltwater how long can I keep it. Should you keep it moving with a powerhead? I was worried about slim or algea forming. All thoughts and ideas welcome.
 
i keep a small powerhead to keep it circulating i refill it every 2 weeks with my own ro/di unit
 
Thats what Ive been doing. After I mix my salt water I want to store it until Im ready for it. Will it keep?
 
i keep it fresh till i need to do a water change then mix my water and salt 24hrs before a change
 
I have a 55gal drum of rodi with auto shutoff and mix before wc.


Mike D "like the beastie boys" Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I like the rest so far, mix shortly before my water change. Usually around the 24 hour mark. Clean RODI water stores better than mixed saltwater unless you can suck all the air out of the bottle or storage container.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new