Strange colour in my dry rock.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyler1503
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
2,579
Reaction score
533
Location
Bega, NSW, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a strange colour in some dry rock while I was cleaning it today. Any suggestion on what it could be? It's washed off with a good scrubbing, but it's deep inside the holes so I can't get a brush in there to get it all out. I don't think it's calcium based or an algae and it doesn't smell. It's probably nothing bad, but it looks blue to me (I'm colour blind so I don't really know). If it's blue, it's probably not a natural thing in dry rock, so it's probably not wanted in the tank lol. The rock has been dry for months.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1396673397.484406.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1396673594.728173.jpg
 
I thought that at first, but it seems to be in the rock, like as if it's leaching from inside it. I can clearly see the small holes and details of the rock and it's like it's discoloured, not a calcium based growth over the rock.
I'll try to get a better picture to show what I mean.
 
I've seen that before in my rocks. Not sure what it is but it never gave me any problems.
 
So you think I could still chuck it in my curing bucket and it won't affect anything?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new