Strange worm

stAlphonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this interesting worm crawling across the sand. It's moving so I'm really eager to know if I should pull it or not. Not sure when I'll see it again.

Thanks!

DSC_0612_small.JPG

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was hoping. The front does look like it, but the colors, etc are odd, but then again I've never seen one outside of internet pictures. They are good, right?
They are beneficial to have. I heard they release a toxin if they get stressed or die. It's up to you whether or not you want to keep it as a member of your cuc. If you choose not to keep it you can try to find it a home on here or at your local fish store. I'm sure someone will want it.

OP
OP
stAlphonzo

stAlphonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beneficial to have. I heard they release a toxin if they get stressed or die. It's up to you whether or not you want to keep it as a member of your cuc. If you choose not to keep it you can try to find it a home on here or at your local fish store. I'm sure someone will want it.

Thank you! If that's what it is, I think I will keep it then ... I am willing to deal with the stress risk.

OP
OP
stAlphonzo

stAlphonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is sticky then it is definitely a medusa worm. Lol they do look Intimidating

Nice, thanks! I was just googling that very topic :D

It had a piece of sand stuck to it for a bit and some little bits of flake fish food since I scooped it up at feeding time. Unless someone chimes in over the morning and says differently, I think I'll toss it back and enjoy another of the amazing creatures on the reef :)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back