Strange worm

stAlphonzo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
203
Reaction score
233
Location
Capital region, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this interesting worm crawling across the sand. It's moving so I'm really eager to know if I should pull it or not. Not sure when I'll see it again.

Thanks!

DSC_0612_small.JPG
 
Got it in a flask .... not sure why I didn't think of that right away. Probably easier to get a picture now anyway.
 
That's what I was hoping. The front does look like it, but the colors, etc are odd, but then again I've never seen one outside of internet pictures. They are good, right?
They are beneficial to have. I heard they release a toxin if they get stressed or die. It's up to you whether or not you want to keep it as a member of your cuc. If you choose not to keep it you can try to find it a home on here or at your local fish store. I'm sure someone will want it.
 
Yeah, looks really freaky for sure. If it's really a medusa I should consider myself lucky then. The $20 will pay for the piece of live rock that it came in on :)
 
They are beneficial to have. I heard they release a toxin if they get stressed or die. It's up to you whether or not you want to keep it as a member of your cuc. If you choose not to keep it you can try to find it a home on here or at your local fish store. I'm sure someone will want it.

Thank you! If that's what it is, I think I will keep it then ... I am willing to deal with the stress risk.
 
If it is sticky then it is definitely a medusa worm. Lol they do look Intimidating

Nice, thanks! I was just googling that very topic :D

It had a piece of sand stuck to it for a bit and some little bits of flake fish food since I scooped it up at feeding time. Unless someone chimes in over the morning and says differently, I think I'll toss it back and enjoy another of the amazing creatures on the reef :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new