Straton Pro - Has anyone else caught this teaser?

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it, but my tank is doing great under G5s, how does ATI led compare to radions?

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see ATI's Straton developments as their way forward when T5 becomes unsustainable. They have largely been the undisputed leader in the T5 space, but eventually market forces will make the T5 ecosphere difficult to base your market solely on.

They have dipped their toes in the LED space in past fixtures, with the outcome being, in my view, all pretty terrible. I see the Straton's as their first real attempt at reproducing the T5 performance and effects, just without T5's.

I always found it odd that other LED manufacturers were iterating their products towards T5 performance, and yet ATI, the company that should have been in the best position to reproduce the T5 with LEDs had nothing to show. I think that has now started to change.

THOMAS Whitaker 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't use enough smoke effects in the video (not entirely sure if combining smoke with an electrical product suspended above water is providing the right atmosphere...)
I think it caught fire that's why the video was so short. The camera man was like oh ****!! CUT-CUT

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 xr30 G4 s . They are pretty hard to top.. I don't know what else a light could do that my lights don't already do
With most other LED brands, you need a lot of them to achieve the same coverage of MH/T5. Shadowing, hotspots, and lack of color blending are very real and very annoying issue with most LED fixtures. Personally, before the Straton, the only thing that didn’t drive me nuts with these issues (and being too blue, as all of the US-market lights tend to be) was the VolxJapan GrassyCore, as it has 120 degree individual reflectors (like this new Straton appears to have).

I have an original Straton on order to test. So far, though, I always go with MH and/or T5 (or combo) if possible.

Last edited:

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to that website, there are 3 models, the cheapest one for 890 euros could be a radion killer. 102 LEDs, 165 Watts, 27x24 sps coverage

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding (old info, may not be valid), in Germany if you have a light that can be attached to the tank it becomes an "aquarium light" and its required to be water proof. If however it is hanging over an aquarium, it is just a home fixture. The difference in the law is staggering which is why ATI has never made a tank mount.

We most certainly will not "include" any aluminum rails, however we certainly hope to offer them.

At this time I do not know when they will become available nor how much they will cost.
i know this product is already designed so unless this was already thought of before production it probably won't be added, but it'd be a game-changer for people who need a mount if you could make this (at least the smallest version) compatible with the xr30 radion mount (as Neptune did with the SKY).

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see ATI's Straton developments as their way forward when T5 becomes unsustainable. They have largely been the undisputed leader in the T5 space, but eventually market forces will make the T5 ecosphere difficult to base your market solely on.

They have dipped their toes in the LED space in past fixtures, with the outcome being, in my view, all pretty terrible. I see the Straton's as their first real attempt at reproducing the T5 performance and effects, just without T5's.

I always found it odd that other LED manufacturers were iterating their products towards T5 performance, and yet ATI, the company that should have been in the best position to reproduce the T5 with LEDs had nothing to show. I think that has now started to change.
The market isn't T5's enemy, it's the EU ecodesign directives that will see their production (of which both leading brands are made in Germany) eventually end, sooner than later, and what has ultimately put an expiry date on fluorescents.

i know this product is already designed so unless this was already thought of before production it probably won't be added, but it'd be a game-changer for people who need a mount if you could make this (at least the smallest version) compatible with the xr30 radion mount (as Neptune did with the SKY).
Letting another manufacturer figure out a mounting solution and adopting the same housing bolt pattern is an easy way to cut design costs and enable easier market share penetration; the hallmarks of how they've been operating since the colour palette change.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can get 4 of the large panels I’ll probably order them to give them a whirl. I’ll see if I can hire somebody to 3D print a design that allows it to slide into 15 series 8020

Justin Thibodeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can get 4 of the large panels I’ll probably order them to give them a whirl. I’ll see if I can hire somebody to 3D print a design that allows it to slide into 15 series 8020
If you find a way to get them, count me in and we can do a bulk order. Otherwise we may have quite the wait..

1650936504718.png

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reach out to @neon_reefer for designing a 3D print for mounting to 8020. He's made some awesome mounts for me.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find a way to get them, count me in and we can do a bulk order. Otherwise we may have quite the wait..

1650936504718.png

I was one of the first to get them last time but I paid a small fortune along with the brackets. I can probably get them again depending how deep you want to reach in your wallet…. And your trusting that they do not take you for the cash.

I’ll take 4 of the large panels if you find them

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are not out yet in Germany, or at least my supplier does not have them yet. When they do start shipping, my source can ship them straight to your door. The only downside being, German warranty, and the cost of shipping. PM me if you want my supplier.

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look interesting, Im currently running stratons on my reef and getting good growth but would would possibly switch to Pros if we can get them here.

As @Hydrored said I would love to have a better mounting solution. If there would be some way to use t slot rail that would make them easier to use.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man 2 of those small panels would be PERFECT for transitioning away from T5 on my 75g. Too bad it will be years before we see them stateside

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back