Straton Pro - Has anyone else caught this teaser?

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While cruising the YouTube this morning for my waterchange background sound I found this ATI is releasing a Straton Pro. They barely could produce enough of the already existing version to get a mass opinion on the light. I wonder how this will fair. Looks cool though!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't use enough smoke effects in the video (not entirely sure if combining smoke with an electrical product suspended above water is providing the right atmosphere...)
Whats that? The unit started smoking??? Excuse me while I Inform the masses

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still the same stupid hanging design. I loved my Stratons and would purchase the Pros to try them out but they did not listen from the first design issues, in fact, we still can't get the hanging bar in the US or even the brackets to try and make another mounting solution work.

This is the only reason I really moved on away from the Stratons as there was no great way to mount them on my light rack.

@ATI North America I love you guys, but please at least tell me you are going to include the mounting brackets with the Pro's this time?

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those slots down the center of the light, between the LED arrays, look like vents. Perhaps they are using some thermal convection cooling in this new version?

... or perhaps slots for hanging from a bracket? :D

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America I love you guys, but please at least tell me you are going to include the mounting brackets with the Pro's this time?
From my understanding (old info, may not be valid), in Germany if you have a light that can be attached to the tank it becomes an "aquarium light" and its required to be water proof. If however it is hanging over an aquarium, it is just a home fixture. The difference in the law is staggering which is why ATI has never made a tank mount.

We most certainly will not "include" any aluminum rails, however we certainly hope to offer them.

At this time I do not know when they will become available nor how much they will cost.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding (old info, may not be valid), in Germany if you have a light that can be attached to the tank it becomes an "aquarium light" and its required to be water proof. If however it is hanging over an aquarium, it is just a home fixture. The difference in the law is staggering which is why ATI has never made a tank mount.

We most certainly will not "include" any aluminum rails, however we certainly hope to offer them.

At this time I do not know when they will become available nor how much they will cost.

@ATI North America I understand the rail, I was referring to the brackets that mount to the lights (for the rail). If they can include 2 brackets per light it gives plenty of mounting options. 2 of the brackets will easily fit in the existing packaging. I had to acquire the brackets for my 4 Straton's from Germany, was a pain.

I would be very happy if they included only the mounting brackets to allow the consumer to come up with a mounting method or acquire a rail ourselves to mount them. Please, if anything, make a suggestion. I'll sign up to buy 4 of the Pros if I can get the brackets with them or at all.

Last edited:

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any information on the Pro version... specs, pricing, NA availability, etc?

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America I understand the rail, I was referring to the brackets that mount to the lights (for the rail). If they can include 2 brackets per light it gives plenty of mounting options. 2 of the brackets will easily fit in the existing packaging. I had to acquire the brackets for my 4 Straton's from Germany, was a pain.

I would be very happy if they included only the mounting brackets to allow the consumer to come up with a mounting method or acquire a rail ourselves to mount them. Please, if anything, make a suggestion. I'll sign up to buy 4 of the Pros if I can get the brackets with them or at all.

Completely agree. Honestly, the lack of mounting options is what has me considering something else.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am certain they will not be included as we will want to keep the MSRP as low as possible. If the Germans are able to produce enough for us to have inventory we will carry them. This was the problem previously, their was not enough supply for even Europe so we could not get them.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am certain they will not be included as we will want to keep the MSRP as low as possible. If the Germans are able to produce enough for us to have inventory we will carry them. This was the problem previously, their was not enough supply for even Europe so we could not get them.

Ok, even then have 4 threads in the top of the light since they are machined anyways. Point being looks like a total miss for anyone who does not want lights hanging from the ceiling or who has a light rack.

Just trying to help here, either way good luck on the release. I really like ATI products

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not sure why you would use just Germany for an example. I do not know of a single aquarium light that is water proof. I will not suspend any light from the ceiling. I will not climb a 12 ft ladder to attach to ceiling. I am sure there are ways to make a mount but people are not looking to engineer something. Even Orphek has tank mounts for their lights. I think he was asking if you will be able to supply mounts that fit the light for attaching to a rail system.

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why you would use just Germany for an example. I do not know of a single aquarium light that is water proof. I will not suspend any light from the ceiling. I will not climb a 12 ft ladder to attach to ceiling. I am sure there are ways to make a mount but people are not looking to engineer something. Even Orphek has tank mounts for their lights. I think he was asking if you will be able to supply mounts that fit the light for attaching to a rail system.
Because ATI is a Germany-based company who is primarily focused on their German clientele. They also have higher liability for their consumer goods in Europe, hence why production of a tank mounted bracket for the light isn’t in their priority, as it would require waterproofing the light. Limited product liability is more so an American thing.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL is also a German company that makes lights. And theirs are mountable.
That was my point with Orphek. So ATI is not looking to sell else where? I guess that is what was meant by we had trouble getting enough for Germany market.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back