Strawberry conch not cleaning sand

spamvicious

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
226
Location
Yorkshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal? It goes round the tank and cleans the glass but not the sand. One of the reasons I got it is to help with red algae growing on the sand. As I haven’t cleaned the sand recently as I thought the conch could, it’s now growing back.
 
It may be the lighting that makes the algae look red. Most of mine appears red unless I crank up the whites or shine a flashlight on it.
The only conchs I have kept are fighting conchs. They did a good job but really should have a large mature sandbed or they starve.
 
It may be the lighting that makes the algae look red. Most of mine appears red unless I crank up the whites or shine a flashlight on it.
The only conchs I have kept are fighting conchs. They did a good job but really should have a large mature sandbed or they starve.
This is what it looks like under white light. I’ve just ordered some nori and some algae pellets for the conch as well.

IMG_3678.jpeg IMG_3677.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new