Strawberry conchs acting weird

Sunny in Miami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do strawberry conch just lay on the sandbed and not bury themselves? I purchased 2 conch snails two days ago and they have not moved much or buried themselves. They are in the same spot I placed them after acclimating them for 30 minutes. I did see that one of them was standing upright on the widest part of its shell in the morning when lights came on, other than that they just stay in same spot. I also tried to nudge it to se if any reaction and I did see a reflex response. Would be thankful if anyone could advise if I should take them back to the LFS that sold them to me or just wait and see.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one strawberry conch and three fighting conch. The fighting conch move around on the surface of the sand all day and night so they are easy to keep track of. The strawberry conch is sometimes out but most of the time buried in the sand. I haven't seen it for a week. I hope it's still alive.

For your situation, give the conch a few days. It will either move eventually or die sitting in the at one spot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back