Stray voltage and is a grounding probe needed?

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A ground probe paired with gfci is the only way to go imo. A ground probe without a gfci is downright dangerous

Absolutely. This was the first thing I did. All outlets converted to GFCI together with a ground probe. It is an ABSOLUTE requirement in my book. Water + electricity = very bad things.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reading your book and mistakenly thought you used coppersafe on everything
Nope, I never used the stuff.

Starting Another tank And am going to construct a reverse under water filter. But wondering about granular size of gravel to use. I have to read the chapter again but if you can guide me would be appreciated Its going to be minimalist with fish. I intend to get small schooling fish to lower the bio load
I use dolomite gravel probably only available if you go to Italy and grind up tombstones so crushed coral should work. About the size of rice, not much smaller.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone should buy Paul B's book. He talks about how to make your own rock .since I spent $800 dollars for what I thought was a magical neccessity this is invaluable. Not going to share for obvious reasons besides the proceeds go to charity and I need my karma intact which is his way of talking. Also a glass cleaner I am definitely doing. I tried to use part of his idea by cutting a slot in a wood dowel to reach those " hard to get at places" ( if you remember that commercial your old ). Anyway I could not get a good angle for it to work. His idea should be perfect

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to say used a razor blade which surprised me you can still get good old Wilkinson again I'm old his idea uses one as well

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use stainless steel one sided blades for the thing

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back