• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

String of Pearls Macro Algae

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some more details:

-To clarify the price of larger pieces, I'd say anything from 7-9 inches is $30 and 10-12 inches is $40

-Anything I send out won't just be a single strand of the algae as most branches also have 1-3 other branches growing off of it as well

-A heat pack will be included, I'm from NY and its currently reaching very low 40s at night

Thanks! :D

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received some from reddevilant yesterday and it came in perfect and beautiful!

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the first piece I ever sold quite a few months ago. The $20 pieces I ship out will be about an inch longer and the $30 and up pieces are twice, almost three times, as big!

1636154886723.png

Afkomjorgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m interested in buying some! Can you please pm me if you still have any available? :) thank you

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Someone had asked about some details about how it grows and the lighting and water flow I've used for it so I figured it would be helpful to post here as well! So here's some info on my experience with it. :)

Growth: The macro itself grows pretty quick, you should see each branch have a new pearl about every week or two. However, the holdfast that forms at the bottom end does take while, a few weeks to maybe a month and a half for me. I never glue any type of macro just because it always seems to die on me with glue. So for this algae originally tied it down with fishing line to some rock rubble and just made sure the bottom was touching where I wanted it to attach to. Once the holdfast grows in its pretty solid.

Lighting: I have two Kessil A80 Suns and a cheap LED Aqueon strip light that has blue and white lights. Overall, my lighting is a little under-powered for a 90 gal. Because of this, I have it higher in my tank that you might want to place it. The macro likes moderate light so if your tank has strong lighting I'd put it in somewhere in the bottom half of your tank.

Flow: I just have 2 HOB Seachem Tidal filters and two Hydor (1050 gph) powerheads. IME, as long as it's not being completely blasted by flow it'll be ok. But the pieces that have grown the fastest have moderate flow that is enough to make it gently sway back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back