Struggling in shape and in size.

Euphrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

So, i've been briefly introducing myself in another thread, and i've been kindly adviced to start this building thread.

I've been thinking first : eh let's take this cubic redsea nano max. I saw one for cheap in my neighborhood for sale, and as a good urban citizen, i don't own a car and would probably be a danger with one. So it looked like the easiest cheapest way. But this cube feels weird to me tbh, like unnatural.

But after seeing some mangrove tanks, specially Sprung's or the lagoon of innerland, i definitely want to go on a longer (and bigger) tank :

a 80cm x 40cm (height) x 35cm(large) (= 31*16*14) = 112 L (=30 gal)
Furniture : building one myself.
NO technic tank (this amount of technic to invest is literally mesmerizing/terrifying for a noob as i am)
skimmer : thinking about the tunze 9004 DC ?
lights : 2*mazarra maxspact 60W, 1 will work at 30% and only on the white spectrum for the mangrove tree and the other one at 50-80%
pumps : i don't know yet.

The life inside :
10 kgs living rock / sand for sure.
2 black clowns or a pair of damsel
maybe a dragonet OR a little pipefish
(fishes wil be preferably captive bred)
macro algae
softies
(Dreaming of an acropora once i'll be confirmed)

First, if any of you have a enlighted suggestion, my ears and eyes are opened for you.

PS : this post may be full of mistakes, i apologize for the eyes i may have make bleeding

Best Regards,
Adi

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef first of all.
As a noob, you want to do as much research and educate yourself as much as you can regarding the hobby.
Moreover, you will want to read up on fish, inverts and corals you wish to possess. Certain living animals in the reef hobby require specialized care, food, equipment, compatibility requirements and husbandry needs in order to survive. Many require an established tank of at least a year old. Anemones, Jellyfish, Harlequin Shrimp, Mandarin, most Acropora Coral, and Rock Beauty Angelfish and certain Butterfly fish represent just a small sample of commonly encountered livestock in the marine hobby that should be either left to the advanced aquarist, aquarist with a dedicated aquarium to house something with specific needs such as a jellyfish or with specialized feeding requirements in order to survive such as Mandarins and Harlequin Shrimp This may require having to be fed specialized foods such as sponges, corals, or live pods. These are just some of the issues that you need to address and research prior to purchasing so that your success and that of the living animal you would like to add to your tank has an equal amount of fruition.
Good luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back