Stung Duncanopsammia recovery

Aegean_Islander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all
Yesterday I added my first coral in the pico. Being the first coral I preferred one that is considered "hardy". While at the store I noticed a Duncanopsammia that was on discount due the some necrosis. Asked the clerk and said it was due to placement near a Euphyllia. Gave him 12$ and brought it home.
20210302221649_IMG_0765 (1).jpg

This is how it was after an hour in the tank. Polyps since then have open up and seems OK. The thing is I never had a stung Duncan and I'm unaware if I should leave it as be or cut it a little over the flesh (as in Acroporas).
I would prefer not to touch it at this stage. If the problem is just the visual appearance and no harm will be done to the other polyps, then I'll leave it as is for some months.

OP
OP
Aegean_Islander

Aegean_Islander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral looks healthy. Time will tell. Keeping an eye on it to see if the necrosis continues on the flesh.
20210304190332_IMG_0773.jpg

OP
OP
Aegean_Islander

Aegean_Islander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that Neon.
Today was the second day I feed it. Polyps are sticky and extended which is promising. Not getting my hopes up but if the flesh stays put the next 2weeks then its safe to say that all is good.
Its the first coral in the Pico so are relationship is fragile :)

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that Neon.
Today was the second day I feed it. Polyps are sticky and extended which is promising. Not getting my hopes up but if the flesh stays put the next 2weeks then its safe to say that all is good.
Its the first coral in the Pico so are relationship is fragile :)
I totally agree with the above sentiments, it will heal on its own don’t touch it. Feeding very small (basically mush) frozen foods have been the best way for me to nurse these corals back to health after a sting (thank you BTA and RFA for walking on it). It looks really good in the second pic I think it’ll make a full recovery!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back