Stylocoeniella issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter DVal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DVal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Messages
381
Reaction score
273
Location
Chattanooga
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to find this spot on my Burning Banana stylocoeniella this afternoon. It looks like I can see white skeletal tissue. I have 4 tangs and clownfish, so I don't think a fish did this. Any ideas? Something I should worry about?

Parameters:
Alk 8.7
Nitrate 6
Phos .08
Calcium 450
Mag 1410
1.025
78.5degrees.

20210311_172004.jpg
 
Could be STN. Keep an eye on it. It might need to be moved to a shaded area until it recovers. I found these guys get burnt easily if not acclimated slowly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new