!!!SUB-PAR HELLION!!! A DRAWING CONTEST??? Huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some amazing art here, wow, makes me a little self conscious. :p

My entry for now, might tweak it a bit further but I figured I should probably get something entered.

troll_entry1_zpsbnp101ww.png~original

Payson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG yes I want too hire you man! Love it! Kind of reminds me of "madballs" Anyone remember those? some really amazing artwork all around guys. I'm completely flattered that any of you took the time to draw something., prize incentive on not. Keep up the great work

Thinking lets give this one another full week before we decide on a winner. that sound fair?
Keep me on the listcfor a shirt and sticker when this guy wins!

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some amazing art here, wow, makes me a little self conscious. :p

My entry for now, might tweak it a bit further but I figured I should probably get something entered.

troll_entry1_zpsbnp101ww.png~original

In your teaser image you had coral looking spikes on the club. I liked it that way.
Also can you add a BC logo somewhere on it.

I think everyone has great ideas

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your teaser image you had coral looking spikes on the club. I liked it that way.
Also can you add a BC logo somewhere on it.

I think everyone has great ideas

Yeah me too but the shading was throwing me off and the deadline is right around the corner, I had to change it to finish in time. I haven't drawn anything in four years, not that I was ever that good but I definitely struggled because of the hiatus. I can add the logo to it though for sure. :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah me too but the shading was throwing me off and the deadline is right around the corner, I had to change it to finish in time. I haven't drawn anything in four years, not that I was ever that good but I definitely struggled because of the hiatus. I can add the logo to it though for sure. :)

Meh Im not that strict take as much time as you need!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to be fair I can't use a computer like these new cool kids who did such a great job. I just have arthritis running rampant thru my drawling hand.

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to be fair I can't use a computer like these new cool kids who did such a great job. I just have arthritis running rampant thru my drawling hand.

Sorry to hear about the arthritis. I surely hope you don't think we're using mouses, I know some people who did in the past and were still amazing but it makes my hand/arm hurt just thinking about it!

Tablets specifically made for drawing wouldn't be that much different than using paper and pencil, I imagine you could totally do it if it were something you were into. Wacom has some great tablets at different price points and unless things have changed, are arguably the best on the market. With that being said, if you don't get one with a screen, it's very hard to get used to and I gave up when I got my first one, I didn't revisit it for like a year. :p You'll also have the learning curve of using photoshop or whatever software you choose to use, personally I use Paint Tool SAI for drawing and Gimp for graphical applications; Gimp is free and Paint Tool SAI is cheap (in comparison to photoshop), these two programs offer great features and (almost) make photoshop an obsolete purchase. Might be something to look into if you want to explore your artistic side a bit more.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the arthritis. I surely hope you don't think we're using mouses, I know some people who did in the past and were still amazing but it makes my hand/arm hurt just thinking about it!

Tablets specifically made for drawing wouldn't be that much different than using paper and pencil, I imagine you could totally do it if it were something you were into. Wacom has some great tablets at different price points and unless things have changed, are arguably the best on the market. With that being said, if you don't get one with a screen, it's very hard to get used to and I gave up when I got my first one, I didn't revisit it for like a year. :p You'll also have the learning curve of using photoshop or whatever software you choose to use, personally I use Paint Tool SAI for drawing and Gimp for graphical applications; Gimp is free and Paint Tool SAI is cheap (in comparison to photoshop), these two programs offer great features and (almost) make photoshop an obsolete purchase. Might be something to look into if you want to explore your artistic side a bit more.
What u guys do is amazing and I am honestly blown away by it. I can do all the photo shop and light room stuff and everything I just don't enjoy it and it shows in the stuff I do. I usually end up walking away. Gives me a headache. I came in on the end of that tech stuff and like they say u can't teach an old dog new tricks. I havnt drawn anything in years and to be honest this was fun not only participating in it but also seeing what everyone else was making. So thanks Adam it was fun. And everyone else great job it was fun.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do I need to add the Battlebox logo somewhere? I see it on everyone elses's art but didn't see it in the rules. Let me know and I'll add it tomorrow!

Nope those are just peoples individual concepts. no requirements or limits to this one at all. Literally anything goes

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back