Suggested LED settings on Biocube 29

19frank90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Current USA Marine Orbit Pro LED light that I've seen a lot of differing opinions on what to set the min/max light intensities at.

Currently, my lights are set as follows:

White lights: min - 0% / max - 60%
Blue lights: min - 15% ./ max 90%

I've got a few zoas that seem to love the setting. They're always full though it doesn't seem like they're really spreading. I also have a small patch of blue clove sansibia that's taken off since getting it a couple weeks ago.

I added a Duncan and a Monti plate over the weekend.

Just looking for others light setups or other suggestions.

Thanks everyone!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Current USA Marine Orbit Pro LED light that I've seen a lot of differing opinions on what to set the min/max light intensities at.

Currently, my lights are set as follows:

White lights: min - 0% / max - 60%
Blue lights: min - 15% ./ max 90%

I've got a few zoas that seem to love the setting. They're always full though it doesn't seem like they're really spreading. I also have a small patch of blue clove sansibia that's taken off since getting it a couple weeks ago.

I added a Duncan and a Monti plate over the weekend.

Just looking for others light setups or other suggestions.

Thanks everyone!
Be very careful ramping the pro version up to 90% those lights are pretty powerful. Hopefully somebody else with this light might chimed in to give you more advice unfortunately I'm not a hundred percent familiar with them I just know that they are much more powerful than the standard version

OP
OP

19frank90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be very careful ramping the pro version up to 90% those lights are pretty powerful. Hopefully somebody else with this light might chimed in to give you more advice unfortunately I'm not a hundred percent familiar with them I just know that they are much more powerful than the standard version

Thanks for the response. From what I’ve read the blue light promotes coral growth and white light is more for viewing pleasure. With that in mind, I’d read a few people running their blues at upwards at 95%.

I can always back it down to 85 or 80%.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. From what I’ve read the blue light promotes coral growth and white light is more for viewing pleasure. With that in mind, I’d read a few people running their blues at upwards at 95%.

I can always back it down to 85 or 80%.
Correct the blue promotes Coral growth but if it's too bright it can actually cause your corals to bleach. And I'm sure there are people who run their lights upwards of 95 to 100 but they also might have a bigger tank a taller tank than a BioCube.

U

User1

View Badges
It is all about acclimation when using new lights - LED's are no different. When I had my bio-cubes up one was running a DIY kit I did with Rapidled Cree's and the other cube had Steve's LED retro kit. Neither ran at 100% - it would have fried anything in the tank. I think at most I was running at 65% on either kit - mixing to get spectrum I wanted. New corals I usually had to dial down a bit while they got acclimated. Once I had a controller attached it was easy since I had acclimation code :D

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back