Suggestions for HoB Protein Skimmers?

AI Nero 5

Jrenzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello!

New to the hobby, been at it for about 3 months now and recently converted my 25g planted tank to a saltwater tank. I was looking at some suggestions for a hang-on-the-back protein skimmer, I've been looking at different articles for suggestions but when I go look at the skimmers the recent reviews are pretty bad.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what they use or recommend for a 25g tank? Or if I would even need one? Still new and learning every day, any help would be apprecaited! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a 32 gallon and I got myself an aquamaxx 1.5 a few months ago, I love it, its the best skimmer I've ever had. Its kind of pricy, but the performance makes me feel like I got my money's worth. I picked this one based on the online reviews, it seems to have excellent reviews.

sean5215

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Reef Octopus HOB Classic 1000 series. I've used RO Classic 1000 HOB and the aquamaxx hob. I bought the aquamaxx (based on reviews) after running the RO on a 40 breeder for 5 years and regretted my decision everyday. Reef Octo's in general seem to be the best bang for the $$.

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a 32 gallon and I got myself an aquamaxx 1.5 a few months ago, I love it, its the best skimmer I've ever had. Its kind of pricy, but the performance makes me feel like I got my money's worth. I picked this one based on the online reviews, it seems to have excellent reviews.
What’s the noise volume like?

Fritz
AI Nero 5

DO YOU CARE WHAT THE CORDS AND CABLES LOOK LIKE AROUND YOUR REEF TANK?

• YES

Votes: 299 59.2%
  • NO

Votes: 37 7.3%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 163 32.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 1.2%
Vivid