Suggestions on cooling system for nano

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo 13.5g and the eshopps nano skimmer pump is producing too much heat for a stable temp even when my heater is turned off. I need suggestions for a cooling fan or system, ideally that would fit in the empty chamber of my filtration compartment on the side
(9cm x 7cm x 1ft).
 
A simple fan blowing over the surface might work reasonably at dropping the temp by 1-2 degrees F depending on ambient humidity.
 
I thought about that but I need the lid on my tank because of cats. That’s why I’d prefer to have it in the filter chamber. If I have to get a mesh lid for it I can but then there’s the issue of the 3.5" x 3.5" hole in the corner for my skimmer. I modified the stock lid for that purpose (as seen in picture) but I don’t know how I would do that for a mesh lid
IMG_8266.jpeg
 
I thought about that but I need the lid on my tank because of cats. That’s why I’d prefer to have it in the filter chamber. If I have to get a mesh lid for it I can but then there’s the issue of the 3.5" x 3.5" hole in the corner for my skimmer. I modified the stock lid for that purpose (as seen in picture) but I don’t know how I would do that for a mesh lid
IMG_8266.jpeg
You might need one of these?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/127...how_sold_out_detail=1&ref=nla_listing_details
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new