Suitable sand-sifting fish?

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

I have a 25g Waterbox peninsula mini and I'm wanting to add a suitable sand sifting fish to the mix.

The tank hasn't long finished cycling so I won't be adding it any time soon, currently just have 2x clowns.

I've always struggled in my previous tanks at keeping the sand clean. Larger tanks such as 4-5ft. In the past ive had a golden head sleeper goby, stromb snails etc but never reallt helped.

With this nano I sort of want to try not touch the sand myself too much and creating more issues.

What sort of sifter would suit a 25g tank and when would be best to add?
20230327_114257.jpg

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nassarius snails, cerith snails and orange conches.
Yeah had nassarius before, would only ever see them pop up for when fish food went in. Still dirty sand haha.

Samd with the strombus snails, I believe they are the same as conch. Would usually just sit under the sand for weeks in same spot

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah had nassarius before, would only ever see them pop up for when fish food went in. Still dirty sand haha.

Samd with the strombus snails, I believe they are the same as conch. Would usually just sit under the sand for weeks in same spot
Black sea cucumbers are like ocean lawnmowers. I have 4 that work 24/7 non-stop.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will ask for them next time I’m in one .
Some are said to be toxic ?
I've had all types die in my tank with no ill effects, but this isn't necessarily an endorsement. I think it's if the cucumber is killed outright - but would be almost unheard of (everything leaves mine alone).

mortimersnerd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd do a tiger tail cucumber. Love mine. If you could find a small diamond goby they're a ton of fun to watch.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back