Sump Hunt

JSpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for a sump that has a refugium and is capable of handling a 130 gallon tank. I really don't want to break the bank on this. Ive been looking at the ice cap sumps and its really nice these have a ATO built right in. If anyone has any suggestions for a reasonable price id be very interested to hear what you think.

U

User1

View Badges
Im looking for a sump that has a refugium and is capable of handling a 130 gallon tank. I really don't want to break the bank on this. Ive been looking at the ice cap sumps and its really nice these have a ATO built right in. If anyone has any suggestions for a reasonable price id be very interested to hear what you think.

Well, two options has I see it. Maybe three. First is hit up Petco dollar sale, buy a tank, visit glass shop, buy baffles, make your own probably for under 100 bucks. Second option is to buy pre-made. I would wager with this option you are not going to get in cheaper than 300 bucks. If you go this route make sure you have a sump large enough to handle water in the event of a power failure. Critical. Third and last option is to hit up used. People upgrade and get out of the hobby - you can probably pick something up between 100 - 150 if you are patient.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gal and bought the bashsea bio fuge 36 x 14 x 16 as that would fit my stand. Love it Paid about 300.00 with free shipping from premium aquatics. Budget was my consideration as well as a good size fuge. The fuge diminsions on their website is wrong though

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check with your LFS and see what used ones they have available. Might not be the prettiest looking thing but it will get the job done and certainly not the rip off price tag of some of the ones out there that want you to pay hundreds of dollars for them before you even add the skimmer and return pump.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back