Sump question!

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought a new marineland 60g cube. What would be the best sump to get that will fit in the stand ? Any and all input will be great appreciated

OP
OP
Benedetto84

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the demensions inside the stand. And do you have a max budget?
First thoughts are with eshopps or trigger system
I would like to stay under 300. I'm pretty sure that from left to right is 21 or 22 inches. I can fit a 10 gallon in it. But I need to measure when I get home.

I'm looking at the up18 sumpro from skimz.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one you might want to check out. I ran across it while looking for a larger sump. Also has a small (3L) freshwater reservoir for ATO. May be a bit smaller than what you are looking for. $209 - 15 x 15 x 14 IceCap Cube Sump

IceCap Cube Sump.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Benedetto84

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://advancedacrylics.com/collections/sumps has some pretty nice options that are inside your budget if you're looking for an acrylic sump.
They do have some really nice sumps!

https://advancedacrylics.com/collections/sumps has some pretty nice options that are inside your budget if you're looking for an acrylic sump.
I like that I just was hoping for something with a refugium. I thinking I'm going to pull the trigger and get a trigger system

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They gave me some great ideas for my build. Never thought about having an auto build into the sump! Back to the drawing board.
If you haven't seen the red sea reefer sumps you should take a look. The ATO isn't integrated into the sump itself so it doesn't take up any space that could be used for something else. It rests on top of the overflow section so it only uses excess vertical space. If you're building it yourself you can either run a line from the bottom of the reservoir for a gravity fed system, or set it up with switch or sensor if you prefer that.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building it myself and I have 65"x24" foot print under my stand. To add the ato to the length would be fine for my build. I'll post pics of my ideas/ drawings for it.

BPiers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few sumps from Brett at ZeroEdge. My last one was a one-off version of their smallest sump - the Series 7 - 26, I think.
I needed to change the baffle configuration and went with a custom color scheme....I love mine. Highly recommend these. I wish that I added an integrated ATO tank to mine though.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps makes a cube sump as well. Lots of choices, really :)

OP
OP
Benedetto84

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with a trigger crystal cube 18. Fits amazing

I've had a few sumps from Brett at ZeroEdge. My last one was a one-off version of their smallest sump - the Series 7 - 26, I think.
I needed to change the baffle configuration and went with a custom color scheme....I love mine. Highly recommend these. I wish that I added an integrated ATO tank to mine though.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back