Super tiny butterfly fish?

Picasso Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I met a wholesale diver in Florida, and while touring his holding tanks I saw a super tiny like 1/4-1/2” butterfly fish and he let it go for $15. He didn’t have a 100% ID on it but we’re pretty sure it’s either a foureye butterfly or a spotfin butterfly (hard to tell cause he’s so little) I will post pics tomorrow after his colors return to normal because of transport stress to see if any of y’all have a positive ID. Anyway, I’m aware they are not reef safe, but does anyone have any tips on how I should care for him at this size? He is in a 10 gallon (established media and cycled) by himself right now. Thank y’all!

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed all the time. small butterflies grow fast, and have no fat reserves so they need frequent feedings. there is like a goldilocks size between the so tiny they need a ton of food and the too large where they are hard to get onto prepared foods. good luck with it, I am sure it is cute! would love some pics when you can.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back